Crawdaddy

Does the rain in Spain stay mainly on the plain?

Chief Gunner (Aaron) moved over to Rota, Spain a little over a year ago and extended an open invitation to a few of his SDAR buddies to come over/ride anytime........to sweeten the pot he picked up a a vintage Honda "Africa Twin" 750 as a buddy bike (Aaron has a KTM990)

Earlier in the year I told him I was pondering the idea of a Spring trip.......never been to Spain..........this was his reply.......

"Just got finished installing LED turn Signals, some fresh brake pads and a brake fluid flush are next and the XRV750 is ready to hit it Chris ; It's a great running bike. 1st ride will be to the top of Gibraltar so you can see the Monkeys and get a glimpse of Africa on the horizon from the saddle of an Africa Twin"

Booked my ticket yesterday........heading over for a week in May......SDAR brothers reunited

Snapped this pic on a ride we took over to my place in Bullhead City: http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17014-bullhead-run-on-the-big-bikes-with-the-chief/

91E0B141-8980-4670-9943-B507634F4D7C_zps

Very nice, one of these days I'd like to travel to foreign countries.

Chris,

As crazy as this is going to sound, those monkeys on the top of the Rock of Gibraltar will steal everything that isn't tied down. I've been there a few times and those little bastards will grab anything they can, especially if it shines. There is a particularly big male up there that seems to run the show. If you see him, punch him as hard as you can in the face for me. He'll be easy to recognize, he's the one wearing my buddies Revo sunglasses.

Have fun, be prepared to wait a while at the border between Spain and Gib, and don't get run over by an airplane as you cross the runway. You'll see.

Mike

Chris,

As crazy as this is going to sound, those monkeys on the top of the Rock of Gibraltar will steal everything that isn't tied down. I've been there a few times and those little bastards will grab anything they can, especially if it shines. There is a particularly big male up there that seems to run the show. If you see him, punch him as hard as you can in the face for me. He'll be easy to recognize, he's the one wearing my buddies Revo sunglasses.

Have fun, be prepared to wait a while at the border between Spain and Gib, and don't get run over by an airplane as you cross the runway. You'll see.

Mike

Haha. Those damn monkeys have my flippin go pro camera as well! It was the first gen hero so no big deal but yea punch that big bastard for me too. You know the one wearing the cool sunglasses and taking pic of you.

Chris,

Mike

Haha. Those damn monkeys have my flippin go pro camera as well! It was the first gen hero so no big deal but yea punch that big bastard for me too. You know the one wearing the cool sunglasses and taking pic of you.

Some funny anecdotes..... :heh::heh::heh:

I think those guys even have an ebay store.

Found this image online searching for Gibraltar Monkeys :coolio::heh::heh:

Some horrific tales on line about those critters......

monkey%20gibraltar_zpsqo5lsxil.jpg

The English government has a budget for those monkeys to be there, they feed them, they have doctors that treat them and make sure they are healthy enaugh to steal go pros,sunglasses and everything else they can put there hands on. London believe that as long as the monkeys are there the they will own the rock.

Working the program......sorta.......actually I've been pretty lazy about it......hopefully Google Translate will save me.....

0C4B0DB7-9B19-40B2-A1D1-AD96328BD0BE_zps

Change in plans....looks like I'll be riding Aaron's 990 and he'll be on a rented R1200GS. We pick it up in Seville, Spain on Monday.

Arron's 990

753F09BB-FD86-45F8-BA44-1A58A8627B8C_zps

The rental sled

990A970F-54B3-408F-97A5-1FDD122FA40E_zps

Weather is looking good.....no foreseeable rain on the plain in Spain :smile_anim:

30197E2C-47A3-4D1E-8202-193266FFDC4C_zps

Dos cervezas mas por favor!

Hot off the press.....

"Chris. the cities and towns of; Seville, Tarifa, Cadiz, Ronda, Arcos Ubrique and Granada are all on the "hit" list for next week (some nice sweeper/ Twistie roads to about all of them) with some gravel roads and GS do-able stuff as well thrown in if the urge arises for us to get dusty in some dirt. Gonna try to stay off the super slab as much as possible (That's where most of the speed cameras and "5-0" are ;) "

:coolio::smile_anim: