Joliet

For the electrically enhanced.

I have 208 3 phase service, and I need to end up with 460-480 3 phase.

Do I need a 208 delta to 460 wye transformer?

It would need to handle 100 amps.

Where would I find a quality transformer at a reasonable price?

Thanks, Ken

First; lick the outlet to find out if it's 9V or something higher than that...the 9V will tingle

First; lick the outlet to find out if it's 9V or something higher than that...the 9V will tingle

Bahahahaha!

No. 1 - Hire a licensed electrician, that has Industrial experience. A truck slammer will hurt someone on this project.

No. 2 - Failing that, http://www.sandiegoelectricalsupplies.com/ for a used transformer.

No. 3 - A Wye trans has a nuetral / White wire; Delta just 3 phases and ground. Proper grounding is critical with transforers.

No. 4 - I am guessing you need only the three phases without a Neutral for equipment. The Wye is center tapped for the neutral to get 120 vac.

No. 5 460vac is delta, 480vac is wye with 120vac available. 208vac is wye with neutral.

No. 6 Like I said, get an experience journeyman for this. All I know are signatory industrial outfits, Davies Electric, Fuller Electric, Chula Vista. I only work on the house and motorcycles, when I have one, these days.

Best of Luck

220, 221.....whatever it takes.

Bagstr's advice is pretty sound, with the only exception being 480v delta is around, but the only place I see it is for giant well pumps in groves and water districts. But it doesn't matter whether it's produced wye or delta as long as you only need the 3-phase power and it's wired properly.