Hey fellow riders,

I was half way thru an impassioned response to the New Trails thread when my computer quit, probably a good thing.

I just thought I would say if they can close a road long enough it goes away and or they physically disappear it.

Examples: anybody remember Sheepshead before the cliff was blasted to close the road and then over time they disappeared all the other roads around it?

: How about The valley of the moon, that was an awesome place.

: How about the Santee sandpits

: How about Kitchen creek and the area around it.

: How about "ten acres" the area all around the backside and shoreline of Lake Morena.

: How about the old cabin and all those roads off of Corral canyon and all the way back to the cul-de-sac at Pine Valley.

: How about the hills in between Poway and Lakeside ( that was always a bit shaky).

: How about Canyon Sin Nombre from the bottom down by the tracks in Ocotillo/ Superstition area.

: How about Canebrake (mountains to the desert), it was jeepable when I was a kid.

: How about HUGE hunks of desert.

: and on and on

The problem isn't just the road closure it is that they close it long enough then all the areas along that route are gone and then nobody remembers and the area gets overgrown or turns into wilderness etc.

Better ride while you can and show your kids whats left cause its going, going, almost gone.

Sadly, Uncle C.

I used to ride from the 5/805 split to San Marcos via dirt. There was a Mexican village when you dropped down into Carmel Valley. They even had a taco stand. Hwy 56 was the dirt road short cut from Del Mar to Poway.

Otay Mesa. I remember the day the security guard showed up to keep you from riding where they were going to build the amphitheater. He was just standing there in a huge empty field of dirt. Nothing had even changed yet. That hill was fun to charge.

I get deja vu driving through neighborhoods sometimes. The hills are the same but they're full of houses.

Boy, oh boy....the stuff that used to be open in North County. The Pits in Olivenhain, The Mesa in Encinitas, a huge area between San Marcos and Rancho Santa Fe, between Rancho Santa Fe and Poway, up by Valley Center, near Fallbrook. Those were the days. ^_^

When I first moved to San Diego, we used to ride where the Kaiser off Palm now sits......going back further; we used to ride a place in Orange County called Coto de Caza....i guess it's all condomania and mc mansions now....yep...i'm getting old

I was riding in Olievenhain and came along a couple having sex in the back of a hatchback. The car was blocking the road and the sides were steep so no way to go around them. I rode right next to them and I could see her looking up in a panic.

When I first moved to San Diego, we used to ride where the Kaiser off Palm now sits......going back further; we used to ride a place in Orange County called Coto de Caza....i guess it's all condomania and mc mansions now....yep...i'm getting old

Cota de Caza...I remember riding/racing that area well SLUT...Saddleback Park, Escape Country, Elsinore, El Toro...all gone now in the name of "progress" I guess...we're not getting older...we're just getting "better!" :coolio:

That was the area...I was from Orange, so those were the nearest "legal" areas...Coto always felt like we shouldn't be there, but we never got stopped. Saddleback was good fun. We used to drive down to San Diego and ride near what is now the golden triangle...my first visit to a san diego hospital! (when you capitalize SLUT it seems nasty...i'm classy)

this website has enough member interest in taking action to either make new trails or re open old ones.

if we are gonna be having meeting then lets figure out how to band together and make a difference.

unless you guys want to trail your dirt bikes out to a diminishing dezert.

we pay taxes on the fuel,

we pay taxes on the money we make ,

we pay taxes on the parts we buy,

we pay registration and fees at dmv,

we pay insurance ,

we pay for the dual sport bike put blinkers and horns and plates,

we follow all the laws and stop at all the stop signs,

we dont even off road near by or thru peolpes yards ,

after working all week being a contributing member of society we just need a break away from it all for 5 hours

and they cant leave a gate open ..way out in the mountains somewhere ?

thats rediculous.

somehow we need to unite , either by bringing other websites together on this,

or finding someone who is good with people ,

or starting some kinda meeting at the town meetings or something.

im sure the powers that be in SDAR know what im saying ...we are calling out for help.

i understand if they want to lay low regarding this issue , but how do we form a sub group ?

im just a tiny pis ant in a huge ant pile. so please somebody big or popular help us because i know we share a common goal .