Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Puerta MX 2015 Rnd 1 Rancho El Chale XC/GNCC race

post-5813-0-58714600-1424925610_thumb.jp

great location about 10 minutes south of the tecate border crossing, nice valley area with trees and great single track course. Bikes start at 1030 for 1.5 hour race time

This week? I will go for round 2, cant make it this week. Post it up next one. Love the 1030 start

Looks fun. I have a "family thing" this Saturday that I wish I could get out of!

Quote: "Do you want to spend time with your family or ride that damn motorbike?"

The silence was telling...

Looks fun. I have a "family thing" this Saturday that I wish I could get out of!

Quote: "Do you want to spend time with your family or ride that damn motorbike?"

The silence was telling...

ring ding ding for the correct answer!! balance is the key word. I finally learned.....

28FEB2015 Saturday 1030 start time. 10 minutes south of the border see map below

Map to race location, some of you (Spaugh clan) have raced/ridden here, its a nice valley with some super nice oak groves and all kinds of single track. The promoters are well organized and courses are well marked and fun. The entire racing in Mexico experience makes these events a great time. It looks like they have a mixed venue and format for this years series, I will only do the XC/GNCC/HS type events if possible, they also have MX and open course long distance races included in the series.

post-5813-0-76286300-1424968583.png

This one may be more "eastern" style than usual, it looks like rain.....now I feel obligated to swap out my bald rear tire.

rained the night before rained in the morn before then only sprinkled at the start, perfect conditions, tough course due to various terrain from deep whoops and soft to somewhat extreme rock gardens. Was glad to see REV5 sign and do it along with some other US riders. OA Pro Jordan P2,, 40+ open Cyril P2, 50+ open Reed P1, me P2. MRP has a shot of me up already hung up on a rock dang it!!

post-5813-0-85728600-1425174075.jpg

PS on the first lap I almost knocked myself out on that branch that Rev5 is ducking under, I never saw it and slammed the top of my helmet on it, saw stars and did not even know what hit me.

That was an awesome course. Yeah there was a couple of those sneaky limbs. The limb after the tight tree section just past the finish area is the one that got me.

Cant wait for the next race on March 21st.

there is another special show on 21 mar...the ides of march!!...that will be far more cool. keep steady

That was an awesome course. Yeah there was a couple of those sneaky limbs. The limb after the tight tree section just past the finish area is the one that got me.
Cant wait for the next race on March 21st.

you will get the invite. RipTyD hahahaa

Rev5 #442 Race Stats- 41 OA from 62 riders, P9 from 18 in Nov Class, 6 Laps, 1 hour 50 minutes of solid seat time, great effort RipTyd.

Robertaccio Race Stats- #450 13th OA from 62 riders, P2 50+ open from 9 in class, #450 last one on the lead lap, we did 8 laps of the course, I was almost the last one off the course.
7 40+ guys we beat 5 in that class, 12 open experts we beat 6 of them (young bucks!!)
Total race time 2:01:21, 2 hours solid is hard on this old man, still feelin' it. TE300 Husky is my happy ticket for this stuff, but Reed beat me again on his WR450F, for you WR fans!!