Some of you know a local young man from here in Alpine Noah Kepple. He is entered in the King of Moto's this weekend.

Been working on his suspension for a while and he is a class act. Very nice family!

Not to mention, very talented on a motorcycle.

Noah qualified for his first Enduro Cross a few months ago and finished 11th.

Go Noah bring it home for San Diego and Alpine!

Giorgio!! Glad you've got Noah dialed, the Kepple clan are good folks.

I enjoyed riding with them.

Side story Noah was doing some scary to me stuff at a local area and I was hopping off my bike just to be a safety spotter in case of a miscue. Gary was on his bike nonchalant watching the show....so I guess I was over reacting, but it was great to be right there watching up close anyway- Noahs natural talent and skill level kept him way inside the envelope.

One for us "old" guys keep an eye on my friend John Kearney and his Husky (Italian Husky with Austrian style white husky graphics), age group- late 50s and he officially finished one all ready. I think he will be on his custom WR165 (Walt Smith special) with super fat 140/80-18 GT gummy rear.

Noah rocks(literally), he's been posting some fun H cam and dad shot video stuff from his practice "seshs". The kid can podium at this event for sure, even with the world class level of comp that will be there.

just in from John K, KOM rider

"2008 Walt Smith Built Husky 165 The bike that the new Husky needs to build. This will be my 3rd year at KOM on the same bike I so need a new Husky bike that poor bike has seen a lot of racing since 2008 From KOM 2 times and 3 time LDS along with a lot of years of National H&H and a # 1 plate in 2008 5 times at the 2 stroke Nationals. 2 times dist 37 Night race winner My sons have also raced it poor thing needs a rest"

for a point of reference for you Lark folks... right near the oak tree is a 5 foot vertical rock... not "really steep"; it is truly vertical... and it has tire tracks going up it... That is Noah Kepple (and maybe others?)... I failed physics, cuz if I tried that I would be kissing granite

Fun Fun Fun on Monday.

Austin Prida rode one of our set ups and was a bit taken back as his bike is a factory effort.

His bike was just purchased from Alpine's Trevor Reis team when they split recently.

The suspension is Showa A-kit $6000 or so.

Set up by Graeme Brough formerly factory suspension tuner for the pro's

We are going to do a heads up test on Monday at 221 land.

A-kit lap times compared to production modified suspension on the same bike back to back.

We will see?

Austin is also going to Italy to do some racing with Nico Gobbi soon as well.

I love this sport!

Like! thats a great test, I love the lap time thing, dont even ask the rider what he feels (of course ask the rider) are you using real time data or recording data (GET type stuff).

Motogp/worls superbike testing lap time data downloads almost always are opposite of rider feel. hard hitting rough action bikes feel faster=lap times slower, and vice versa

PS its 212 Land not slip of the keystroke 221 Land, Austin is also a nice guy and his current bike is crzy looking with all that white trim, George you hang with all nice folks man!!

be sure to post data.

was it windham or larocco or both that preferred modified off the shelf showa standard suspension components over the full factory kit stuff for both SX and MX. I know 8x nat enduro champ Lafferty liked standard off the shelf EE/Al Randt modified WP stuff better than factory kit suspension. perhaps the looser tolerance components move a little easier????coming from the guy who just bought a (a kind of A kit) WP Trax shock for the TE300

Ahh! Robert you did it. Congrats on the new trax shock. Dont forget me if you don't like it. Meaning first dibs on the shock. ?

My Bad 212 Land

Hand timing lap times and if any issues arise high speed video camera and will have my race trailer there in case of any internal work needed, although we do not anticipate that.

The most important cog is the internal tuning.

This will be very telling, because some of the best in the world have there hands on this A-Kit with all new components with very few hours on them.

The Suzuki motor I think has KTM injection as it was built by Millsaps engine guy and it is brutally fast. I asked Austin if an intermediate could ride the motor and he said "no way".

This will tax the suspension even further.

The suspension I am working with has been ridden hard and put to bed wet. Older 2012 47mm Showa components that was on the Honda's for many years.

We do not know what the outcome will be of course, but our model is always forward momentum, control = safety. Not plush or forgiving, just control and forward momentum although they end up being very forgiving when you really need it.

We undoubtedly are the underdog in this test but we are confident.

Should we indeed win this contest it says a lot.

We were looking at Nelsons Supercross suspension couple weeks ago and it was so bad I was in disbelief. Dave emailed the GoPro footage to me just wondering what the heck, but we see it every year.

The top guys, do they really have the best suspension?

Stay Tuned!

http://ultra4racing.com/the-inside-line/official-2015-klim-king-motos-race-results/

we will all see some familiar names and Im mind boggled at the laps.....the top guys did 3! even some of the top tier guys only got in 2.

Top Ammie K Murphy was on my minute up at the 2013 Idaho city ISDE qualifier....the only time I saw him all day was at the start and just after we passed under the REDBull start/finish gate I never saw him again!!