Some of you might've heard of the former manager at Performance Bicycle in OSide, Jason Kilroy. He quit his job 8 months ago and headed south.

He provided a link to track his progress: https://share.delorme.com/Jariel

I've been following his progress and he appears to be trucking right along! He left Colombia today and crossed into Ecuador.

Since I was unable to locate any info about his ride (RR or blog), I called Ed at Performance Bike and asked about Jason's status. Ed stated he is providing infrequent updates to his girlfriend via Instragram, but there is no RR or BlogSite that he's aware of. He'll mention SDAR the next time he speaks with him and see if he'll get us a blog site.

Good stuff, living the dream!

If anyone has additional info (final destination, type of bike, etc.), please let me know.

Here's the O Side PB contact info:

OCEANSIDE

3833 Plaza Drive #701

Tri-City Plaza

Oceanside, CA92056

(760)726-5559

Sent from my iPad

What an amazing adventure.

And...to be clear; his girlfriend is with him; what a trooper...he's on a v strom...should be an amazing adventure

Oh, man. He is like "that" far from Ushuia. Should be there in the next couple of days.

In related news, the two gals that left San Diego in October 2013 for all points south, have reached Ushuia after numerous adventures (to include a butt load of mechanical difficulties and a bit of localized crime) in Latin America. Becky and Andrea are selling their DRZs(?) and flying back.post-14554-0-00073400-1425013378.jpg

Oh, man. He is like "that" far from Ushuia. Should be there in the next couple of days.

In related news, the two gals that left San Diego in October 2013 for all points south, have reached Ushuia after numerous adventures (to include a butt load of mechanical difficulties and a bit of localized crime) in Latin America. Becky and Andrea are selling their DRZs(?) and flying back.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I been Facebooking with Andrea and invited her and Becky to come to a SDAR meeting. They said they would be up for it. That was a few months ago -I hope they can do it. Too bad the electrical systems let them down on their DRZ,s. But they overcame that and it added to the adventure.

They overcame quite a bit. When Andrea had her bag stolen from a tent at a beach, the ladies "re-created" or forged, if you will, a new set of documents from their copies. It worked and they never had trouble at the border crossings.

Ah, the naive indiscretions of the young...