KLRGUY

Rancho San Diego rider back in the game!

Hey there....I just bought a bike after an 8 year dry spell of riding, knee and leg injuries got the best of me. I was turned onto this site by friend and it is great, with all the local meet ups and rides. Look forward to meeting fellow members and riding.

My new steed. A brand new 2007 KLR650 (28) miles on it, all the paperwork and records to confirm. It seem the previous owner rode it home from the dealer and plans for the bike never materialized. He stuck it in the garage for seven years and started it up once in awhile, but only rode his street bikes. Approaching his 80's he traded them all in for a trike......I was there to intercept the trade in from hitting the sales floor. :) He even through in and extra windscreen and in box pro circuit exhaust. When she breaks in at 500 miles I will tune her up, adjust the valves, rejet her, throw on the exhaust and do all the necessary mods. For right now I am just put putting around and having a blast.....see you on the trail! Dave

Bikemileage.jpg
bikeright.jpg

Welcome! KLR are good bikes...the Alpine to Julian ride tomorrow is PERFECT for that bike. we have a couple RSD guys here as well; if you see a white DR650 tolling around, flip him the bird. He'll appreciate it...uh...if it's trophyhunter

Oh yeah! One more thing....DOHICKEY...do it...I lost an 03 KLR to dohickey failure @ 3000 miles!

How cool to find a bike with so few miles! Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

Welcome to SDAR. It's a great group to be involved with.

LOL I will look for trophyhunter. Wow...you lost your klr at 3k?!?!?! I planned on replacing the doohickey within 5k to be safe, but know I will be placing an order to eagle mikes Monday for parts. Waiting for crash guards and bars to get here at the moment. I was looking at the ride for tomorrow in Julian, did it in the spring in my 4x4 (a prius could make this road) beautiful back country and with a little rain it could make for a great outing haha

we have a couple RSD guys here as well; if you see a white DR650 tolling around, flip him the bird. He'll appreciate it...uh...if it's trophyhunter

Oh, I'll appreciate it. :) Welcome aboard. I'll shoot you a PM with contact info - just over by Hillsdale Middle.

Lucky you,,, it is nice to see people on this forum have great finds…..fantastic!!!!