I'm looking to get some Excel wheels / talon hubs built. Does anyone have a recommendation for a competent shop with competitive prices? Can be online or local.

Thanks!

The Best is probably Woodys in Colorado.

Best to bring wallet, but you won't find better products or service.

Clean looking. How are the Warp 9s holding up?

Hopefully better than the bike :crying_anim02: .....blew up the engine and sold it off as a spares bike :axehead: ........but I had no issues for the ~2 years I ran with'em :smile_anim:

I have laced a few Warp 9s with good spokes to no avail, they did not last. But I also have some folks that have had no issues. The ones crushing the rims are amateur kids that love to jump so I guess it comes down to how hard you ride and whether you tighten your spokes. They do need more adjustment.

Notako is the low cost Excel and have had no issues with those with the same kids.

D.I.D has a rim stronger than all of them I believe although a touch heavier.

Decisions Decisions.

I'm looking to get some Excel wheels / talon hubs built. Does anyone have a recommendation for a competent shop with competitive prices? Can be online or local.

Thanks!

Buchanan's is also a well known long term Moto company. We've used them many times over the years for modern and vintage stuff. They did a great SS HD spoke upgrade to a BSA B50MX project we did.

http://www.buchananspokes.com/

http://www.buchananspokes.com/

I many times use Buchannan spokes as well.

Last time I talked to the owner he had been hitting two track on his vintage BSA I believe it was.

I like doing business with riders.

George (Suspenders) built me a custom set for my supermoto race bike that were BOMBPROOF!!!!

The recipe a lot of the racers go with for strength is:

-Stock OEM Hubs off eBay

-Excel (Tasakago) Hoops

-Buchanan HD Spokes

I beat the bejesus out of these things (I am 300lbs geared up) as did the guy i sold the bike too and not a single issue!!!

Whole setup including labor was under $1k for the set.

I will be building a set of 19s for some flat track racing soon and will be doing the same build specs.

Thanks!

here ya go- located up the slab in Orange ,CA. They will take care of you

http://www.dubyausa.com/products/wheel-components/hubs/talon-hubs?gclid=COSz_8HR7sICFQsSMgodOD0Aew