rydethis

Otay again 12/21 anyone ?

Thinking of going out again this Sunday 12/21, sure it will be great after all the rain :smile_anim: Anyone feel like going out this Sunday? Meet up at Southbay motorsports, 1890 auto park place, chula vista, ca 91911 at 9am. Going to ride out by the power plant trails on that end.

If my bike is back together i will join. Let you know sat evening.

Jesse

Sounds good, hope to see you out there !

Thinking of going out again this Sunday 12/21, sure it will be great after all the rain :smile_anim: Anyone feel like going out this Sunday? Maybe meet up at 8 or 9 by pio pico? Open to suggestions....

I will be up for this.Is this A not noob friendly or big bike friendly ride? I will be riding plated dirt bike,and would like to ride some more difficult trails.I know some areas out there.

Thinking of going out again this Sunday 12/21, sure it will be great after all the rain :smile_anim: Anyone feel like going out this Sunday? Maybe meet up at 8 or 9 by pio pico? Open to suggestions....

I will be up for this.Is this A not noob friendly or big bike friendly ride? I will be riding plated dirt bike,and would like to ride some more difficult trails.I know some areas out there.

Not really sure, never organized a ride before but, I am more of a intermediate rider and down for just about anything. I would say it is more an intermediate ride. Really all depends on who wants to go as to the type of ride,

After talking with CVRick we came up with a plan, see edited original post above for meet up spot. Hope to see some of you out there this Sunday !!

Would like to do this, but I'm guessing you guys ride a faster than I do.

If someone was going to truck down to the trails, where would be the best place to stage?

If someone was going to truck down to the trails, where would be the best place to stage?

Jimi,

You are more then welcome to come along. I am more an int rider...we will be more then happy to accommodate! Getting out and riding is what it's about.

As for trucking down, that is what I am doing. Going to park at the address above. Is your bike plated?

Yes, plated. I know where South Bay is, just didn't know if they would be cool with unloading there and leaving vehicles.

I have a little wrenching on the bike to do tomorrow. Assuming no issues, I'll be there.

Yes, plated. I know where South Bay is, just didn't know if they would be cool with unloading there and leaving vehicles.

I have a little wrenching on the bike to do tomorrow. Assuming no issues, I'll be there.

Sounds good, I really don't really know about the staging there either but I am sure it won't be an issue. They have a huge lot and my thought was vehicle would be safer there.

Look forward to seeing you there !!

Rick- you guys heading in by Aquatica? I may join-

Yeah, bikeslut is coming...been a long time since I rode with you !!!

As for where Rick will of course have to answer. I am unfamiliar with where we are riding in at, lol

Rick- you guys heading in by Aquatica? I may join-

Yes. I recently noticed no parking signs in the dirt lot area so it seems like A good idea to park trucks on the street near south bay motorsports.

I think there will be A few difficult trails ,hill climbs. Nothing extreme most likely.

Lurking.....I need to go by Southbay Motorsports anyway to use up a couple gift cards. I've also wanted to check that area out for a while. So the meet up is on the street outside SB Motrsports at 8 and KSU before 9am?

post-15204-0-31006600-1419105587_thumb.jMy bike is in the shop, but I would love to join a future ride in January. I think the last time I rode Otay was 2 years ago from the Cement plant to the RV Park with gorgeous views of the lake and San Diego. Have a blast tomorrow!

Pic from Fall 2012 ride......

GSthumper, just message me in January and I would love to get out there with you. This area is pretty much my backyard and easy for me to make a last minute ride out !!

Lurking.....I need to go by Southbay Motorsports anyway to use up a couple gift cards. I've also wanted to check that area out for a while. So the meet up is on the street outside SB Motrsports at 8 and KSU before 9am?

I plan to be there by 9am to meet up, so I would say KSU by 9:30 although if everyone is there and ready by 9 we will head out. I won't be leaving the house till 8am.

It is looking like we may have a good turnout for this ride, looking forward to it :smile_anim:

Is this something a mx bike can do?

I believe you can in Otay, but where we will be riding from you can not. Correct me if I am wrong please someone as I am unfamilar with the area we will be riding in from.

GSthumper, just message me in January and I would love to get out there with you. This area is pretty much my backyard and easy for me to make a last minute ride out !!

I plan to be there by 9am to meet up, so I would say KSU by 9:30 although if everyone is there and ready by 9 we will head out. I won't be leaving the house till 8am.

It is looking like we may have a good turnout for this ride, looking forward to it :smile_anim:

I believe you can in Otay, but where we will be riding from you can not. Correct me if I am wrong please someone as I am unfamilar with the area we will be riding in from.

All the BLM land is OK for sticker bikes.

Not afraid to ride a small amount of pavement.. The area is fairly rual, i bought my bike at southbay. But could also meet up at trailhead. The company i work for is on nirvana ave and could park in there lot and lock the gate for safety.

Not afraid to ride a small amount of pavement.. The area is fairly rual, i bought my bike at southbay. But could also meet up at trailhead. The company i work for is on nirvana ave and could park in there lot and lock the gate for safety.

Cool, well the meet up spot has been established. Meet us on the trail head...what kind of bike do you have so I know what to look for?

Making the trek down from Encinitas, see you tomorrow!

:coolio: Right on, see you tomorrow

2 miles of street unless we park near trailhead or down the dirt road A ways

Making the trek down from Encinitas, see you tomorrow!

Taking the WR by chance? :coolio:

I might make it and if I do, I'll be on my wr250. Might be interested in a run around the Otay MX track too hmmmmm