2 minutes of fantastic content among 3 minutes of lookatmeimavideoartist crap.

Why?

The footage of the bkies, trucks and cars is SO good.

I can't get over the handling or maybe the lack of it on those huge overweight support trucks. I so wanna drive one of those beasts.

DVR is set!

Series coverage starts on Monday January 5th @ 1:30pm on NBC Sports Network. Sucks that it is only a half hour coverage......but, I wouldn't miss it. Still have all of last years on the DVR. May watch it over again before the 2015 Dakar.

ATT Uverse HD ch#1640 or non HD #640

COX South Counties HD # 1065 or non HD 65

Direct TV ch# 220

Dish Network 159 & 9466

Verizon FIOS 590

Last year they had an awesome ios app for the Dakar. They haven't released it yet for 2015 but I hope it's even better. :)

Also, as usual advrider.com will have nearly live information during the entire rally. There are several advrider members participating this year. Like last year, there will be a "f5irehose" thread which will be almost impossible to keep up with and a summary thread with interesting snippets, usually crash reports, cool pics, and posts made by people racing or in the crew. Fun stuff if you're sitting at a desk. :)

http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Oh, and I just checked for the 2015 app and it's now live! Just search Dakar.

So what the heck happened in this year's Dakar? Who won? Were there any good story lines?

Anybody have a real cliff notes version they want to share? Any cool "wrap up" videos?

(I didn't follow it and am clueless as to the results)

Coma won - Farioli was out on the second or third day - might have been exhaustion. Barreda had small lead but Honda had electrical problems and put him out of reach of the win. Goncalves was Hondas hope but blown engine gave him a 15(?) min penalty and he finished second. The big story was rookie Toby Price on the podium in 3rd and won the last stage and Laia Sanz finished 9th highest girl ever.