Mikey

Ramona trails Sat 11/29, anyone?

Hi, I'm sort of a noob at this stuff and want to explore the Ramona truck trails (haven't been there yet) but want to make sure I come back alive so I was wondering if anyone that knows those trails is planning on riding them this Sat, 11/29 and wouldn't mind me following. I have a XR650L.

Thanks.

Im interested. Have ridin there plenty. Fun and scenic. An hour ride there for me so i cant do too early of a start time. Ill let you know for sure friday.

Jesse

Lurking, Im heading out of town for Turkey Day but I am planning on being back Friday night. As Jesse said, maybe later will work better.

How does 10:00 am at the Orosco trail entrance sound?

Dropped Pin

near Forest Rte 12504, Cleveland National Forest, Ramona, CA 92065

http://goo.gl/maps/eutjI

I'll be full of turkey and ready to go....

10am works perfect for me so I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn. I live in Escondido. Suppose to be a nice day Sat; mid 70s.

Mike

See ya there Mikey, hopefully you can make it too Jesse.

Couple more would be good!!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

OK I'll plan on being at the spot you, DustOff (Curt), recommended in your post at 10am. Whoever else wants to go please meet up there.

Mike

I will try to make it there Saturday @ 1000. I'm a noob with only about 3,000 miles under my belt and just a few hours of dirt experience. I swapped out the stock street tires last weekend and am ready to start getting the bike dirty. I tooled around the Orosco Ridge area for a bit last weekend. Very fun.

Lurking----- Have to see how much turkey I eat..... Still have the sumo tires on the EXC, how are the trails? NOOB to this place, Semi NOOB on the big bike ( 990ADV offroad running stock Scorpions- so far only fire roads). Not noob on offroading.

BP57, I'm only familiar with the Orosco Ridge trail that I rode last weekend. It was straightforward and not technical. Slight grades and small ruts. That was my first dirt experience, and I had no problem with it other than a minor encounter with a bush on a corner. I don't know about the other trails in the area.

I am in, I need to get out and dust off my bike. Been a little while since I have been out, and Ocotillo will be insane this weekend. I could use a relaxing day ride. I will be at the trail head off of Pamo Road at 10 AM on Saturday. See you all then.

In. See yall there at 10:00. Hopefully ill be over this food hangover. Too much pie!

Looks good. Looks like we have 5 yeses and 3 maybes. See ya'all at 10 tomorrow. Others please join and meet up there.

Mike

Sounds like fun! I'll be leaving Clairemont a little before 9 . Gas up 52and Convoy. Be there at 10.

On a DR 350.

It was great meeting everyone. It was a very fun ride. Way better way to burn calories than riding that damn stationary bike at the gym. I am ready for another one.

Thanks again for showing me around those trails. I believe we rode Orosco and Black Mountain trails. What other trails out there do you recommend? Looks like there's quite a few to pick from. Here's a pic from the top. Nice meeting you all. Hope we meet up again.

post-15519-0-25218100-1417553096_thumb.j

Another easy trail is Boulder Creek Road. It's the yellow section heading south from Julian and connects to Viejas Grade (a very easy one):

bouldercreek_zps07bc7d22.jpg