Ken S

Golden tire Gt216AA

Rode my Gt216AA for the first time today on my 2014 RMZ450.

LOVE IT.

5th front tire I've had on this bike and after 51/2 hours of riding today, this is the best by far.

My issues with sand (big time trouble for me) were gone by 90% with the wider tire.

Thanks Robert for turning me on to it.

like button, hey Ken my first time on it was yesterday, I am amazed at this thing. My science is little skewed however due to the fact that I had 2 other items going on at the same time with the tire, a GPR stabilizer and a full suspension modification. For sure the tire works on everything....kind of counterintuitive and even stupid....it just works on everything. Its very impressive

Thanks for posting this. I will be buying this tire based on your experience. I need all the help I can get in the sand. Did you get it somewhere local?

Been running the Golden front and rear for awhile now. I pretty much won't be buying anything else.

My only issue was it hooked up on the sides of ruts and wanted to climb out but I figured that out quick , just steer it where you want and it goes there.

Thanks for sharing your personal experiences with the tire! I'm always up for shared knowledge amongst riders and the SDAR crew. I'd be interested in checking one out sometime (I'll actually need a new front tire in the near future).

I have to ask though, $120 + tax + shipping seems quite high. I read somewhere that these sell for 65 Euro (in Europe)? The Pirelli Scorpion XCMH is a tried and true front tire and is $75-80ish. Is the Golden Tyre worth the premium?

Thanks for the discussion.

Golden Tyre is small "artisan" tire manufacturer, based in Italy and Italian owned. The company is open to world trade and has their tires built under their guidance where ever they can get the best rubber and engineering support, Korea is one of the top spots now. Assume all their tires are built in Asia somewhere. The owner Marco is passionate about making niche sizes and niche compounds so he can compete with the major brands by offering what they dont.

Price here in US is somewhat due to small batches being imported as well as GT not building a million tires per year. Go to the Golden Tyre website and see what they are doing and where they are. Its a good company and this particular tire is a niche market item, even their advert refers to it as the steamroller due to its big profile. It even looks a little goofy when you install it.

this is the actual tire we are speaking about

GOP3176 4260341340203 21 90 / 100 – 21 TT 57R Front GT 216 AA FIM

http://www.goldentyre.com/en/

this tire is DOT legal by the way

They are receiving a new shipment of 50 gt216aa by the end of the week. These tires are going like hotcakes.

Marco and co. really need to build a mousse specific for these tires.

Heaven on earth right there. I'm currently running tubliss with them right now but would love to throw mousses in there.

Heaven on earth right there. I'm currently running tubliss with them right now but would love to throw mousses in there.

from ZipTy Racing

"If they like us on Facebook, they can get tire now for 102 bucks"

Hobie, I did what Ty and Justin have in their front race bike tires a Michelin 21" FIM size mousse cut with a 8" section of another mousse stuffed in between the ends with mega amounts of lube . this actually expands the mousses inside the tire. Its odd but actually was an easy procedure.

Was ready to buy but $102 plus $17 shipping plus $8 tax is $128 for a single tire. I just can't do it. Maybe next time!

Hobie, I did what Ty and Justin have in their front race bike tires a Michelin 21" FIM size mousse cut with a 8" section of another mousse stuffed in between the ends with mega amounts of lube . this actually expands the mousses inside the tire. Its odd but actually was an easy procedure.

I may have to give that a try next tire change. Thanks for the tip

What Mountainmanseth said. I will be waiting for the 2nd years model run. That is a big premium for the privilege.

Makes me think of some of the Old School big bike tires, something with a rounded edge...

It is sized at 90/100-21.

I have a Bridgestone M403 90/100-21 tire on my YZ that looks oddly large too and swallowed my Bib Mousse. I'm running a tube now :bad:

Not enough time on it to formulate an opinion but at $78 delivered from AMT it is another option for a larger offroad (non-DOT) front tire.

Sorry off topic. :grrr:

* GOP3176: Front tyre with rolling diameter and larger section width made to handle all kinds of uneven and difficult terrain with exceptional results. Use of 90/100-21 mousse is recommended. (GT needs to get their mentioned 90/100-21 mousses to our market)

*GOP3176 4260341340203 21 90 / 100 – 21 TT 57R Front

GT 216 AA FIM