Bagstr

Can You Say Fall in the Anza Borrego?

As Amgems mentioned earlier, the desert floor has been washed clean and we have a new issue of washes in the Anza Borrego. Nice to experience a new set of obstacles other than the beat up, over used tracks that we find at the end of the spring.. What you find is that the mesas are pretty much the same except that the off-road tracks made by the ignorant or obnoxious are about 80% erased. Down into the washes, water has scoured the soft sand in places revealing hard sandstone. All that soft sand must go somewhere and there it is in the low places powdery and fluffy. Not the best place to find yourself on your intermediate tired 1200 Class monster. The tracks that are out there are mostly by the air conditioned tourers at this point. The few moto tracks appeared to have their hands full negociating the soft-ness. Large swerving tracks as they attempt to motovate at slow speed. Keep the throttle at the ready, you will need it in full measure! My half worn MT21 got a workout.

Un-fortunately, the park has a grader budget and they use it here and there. Beside being totally a waste of time, it breaks any crust there might be on the road surface turning the track into flour. I.E. Thimble Trail.

Had the place to myself, Oh Yeah. 84f at 1:30PM.

i-hbTDZCB-L.jpg

i-r88L9xL-L.jpg

i-sG4W8Zx-L.jpg

i-gRrRNpR-L.jpg

I usually say "fall" when in the Anza Borrego desert, but it isn't related to any season. <_<

Had the place to myself, Oh Yeah. 84f at 1:30PM.

It'll be a little busier this weekend! :crying_anim02:

Looks like a great trip! We've been out a few times so far this season riding in the morning and spending the afternoon in Butterfield's pools, as you say it's a treat to see everything washed clean and absent of the crowds.

45alLEGl.jpg

to all the rabid environmentalists.......funny how fast the enviro rids itself of the tire marks we create. nice post