EKN8404

Stolen KTM 500EXC

Had it parked in my spot at Lakeview Village apartments in Spring Valley. Anyone see this bike throw rocks at them. Im sure its already in Mexico with dirt wheels and tires tearing up Baja. It was a sad day in life, I have insurance but not sure if im going to buy another one anytime soon. I was looking forward to the Barstow to Vegas right but I guess not this year. If anyone see's this out anywhere please let me know.

post-15190-0-64613800-1413511967_thumb.j

Oh man that sucks. Love(d?) the sumo setup too. I'll keep an eye out up here. Did you have any anti-theft devices on it at all?

Scumbags. I lived in Clairemont and on occasion - if I left he garage open - it was 100% chance I would get robbed. People just out trolling - driving around looking for stuff to steal. As if it is OK for you to work hard to save $14K but they don't have to - they just have to take your stuff in an evening of marauding.

Sorry for you.

DD

Sucks... if I see any sweet looking orange dirbikes out there with a liscence plate I will definitly hurl some boulders at them while im out on the Husky... Seeing as ktm is our red headed step brother and all.

What bike would you rather have if not that one ?

Sorry man, that really sucks! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Major suckage. :thumbsdown_anim: Sorry to hear about this. :grrr:

Watch Craigslist for Supermoto Wheels for sale...Ask him if he has any other KTM stuff laying around for sale.

Watch Craigslist for Supermoto Wheels for sale...Ask him if he has any other KTM stuff laying around for sale.

this... and bike thieves SUCK...well, any thieves suck.

If you get a line on something to find the bike, get ahold of me ASAP - I'll PM you my cell. I can cut through the red tape - at least 'til Dec 30 - and have had success in recoveries before.

Best of luck!

Hey thanks guys. I am keeping an eye out on cl. Its pretty easy to identify the wheels. The from rim was more faded than the rear and there was a Michelin on the back with a Dunlap on the front. Most of it was stock but some of the noticable stuff was the double take mirrors, moose tail bag, acerbis 3. dessert tank, and the position was remounted. It pretty much looks like every other ktm's that are actually ridden. Im gonna be moving to Houston in January so I was thinking maybe I would sell it before I left but had plans to take it out to the dessert and do the la-b-v on it but dont look like its going to happen the way as planned. Oh and I had the handlebars locked but that thing felt skimpy and seems like you could easily snap it or something. I will have a set of dirt wheels and tires for sale in the future if I dont get it back. Maybe I should put them up right now and use as bait.

Sub-Humans suck. Sorry.

They did the same to my XR500R years ago, locked up to an Apt building carport.

Theives seriously suck. My good buddy bboyle9 got his DR650 stolen two days after dumping $1000 into his bike. He literally rode it to work one time after all the work was done. EKN, I hope you can still make it on some desert rides before you head east - they are good fun. If I see that bike in baja (or anywhere) I'll commondeer it back!

kali.gif theives smilie_shoot.gif

sorry for the loss, my bet is that it is very local, in some tweakers/the thieves yard or garage. Eyes open all. best of luck getting it back.