silvy1200

Hola from Chula Vista!

apparently I signed up for this site back in 2011! I always wanted a dual sport and must of been looking then. Well fast forward a few years later I finally pulled the trigger on a '11 Husky TE449. Getting out of sport bikes and this is more my styles. Hopefully I could catch a few South Bay folks for some rides!.

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

Welcome to the site. You are in the right place if u want to ride. Look in the who's going riding. Are u new to riding dirt?if so look for noob rides. Plus there are people that just ride every thing like 350 thumper and me. See you out there sooner or later.

Thanks! I'll look into those threads for rides. Had tons of street bikes, getting over those and always had the dual sport bug. Not new to dirt though (no expert either), had a nice trail bike (TTR-230) and a quad (LTZ-400). Just new to dual sporting. Looking forward to riding with you guys!

Thanks! I'll look into those threads for rides. Had tons of street bikes, getting over those and always had the dual sport bug. Not new to dirt though (no expert either), had a nice trail bike (TTR-230) and a quad (LTZ-400). Just new to dual sporting. Looking forward to riding with you guys!

Welcome to the group. A lot of new faces and energy around lately. Some of us start near the amphitheater and go out under the 125, up the hill to Otay Truck Trail. Nice ride.

Definitely in for a ride! Dying to know the local trails. Give me a few days to go over the entire bike, I like to replace all the fluids and give my new (to me) bikes a good mechanical look over.

It's good to see membership growing. Welcome to the club. Like others have said, jump in on a posted ride and meet some of the guys. Don't limit yourself to southbay though, because there is plenty of riding in north and east county.

Most definitely plan to see all of SD off road soon. Wanted to do local trails first to feel the bike out. Work my way up to a baja trip :smile_anim:

Most definitely plan to see all of SD off road soon. Wanted to do local trails first to feel the bike out. Work my way up to a baja trip :smile_anim:

Let me know when you get done with the maintenance.I am very familiar with local trails.2 or 3 hours out and back is enough time to ride otay trails.

Hola! It sounds like there are quite a few of us here in the Chula Vista area. Some good trails in the area for a quick ride or a few hours, and yes, Baja is right there.

Hi Everyone!

New guy here. I actually went on one of your rides a couple of months ago across from the water park in Chula Vista. I was the guy who had hardly ever ridden in the dirt before who showed up late and missed the driver's meeting, had no appropriate riding gear or water..........but had a great time! I told Champ I "White Knuckled" it through most of the ride, and thus my screen name was born. Ironically, ever since that ride my bike (Kawasaki KLX 400) has run poorly and really lacks power. I know nothing about working on bikes and don't have anything to haul it with, so I'm kind of stuck at the moment. Is there such a thing as a mobile motorcycle mechanic in the east county area? Or a good shop near me in Spring Valley that I could limp the bike over to? I did at least check the air filter and I don't think that is the problem. Carb maybe? Any advice would be appreciated. Pete

ps And thanks to the guys who led that September ride. Bike Whore was one name I remember and I think Randy was out there as well. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Hi Everyone!

New guy here. I actually went on one of your rides a couple of months ago across from the water park in Chula Vista. I was the guy who had hardly ever ridden in the dirt before who showed up late and missed the driver's meeting, had no appropriate riding gear or water..........but had a great time! I told Champ I "White Knuckled" it through most of the ride, and thus my screen name was born. Ironically, ever since that ride my bike (Kawasaki KLX 400) has run poorly and really lacks power. I know nothing about working on bikes and don't have anything to haul it with, so I'm kind of stuck at the moment. Is there such a thing as a mobile motorcycle mechanic in the east county area? Or a good shop near me in Spring Valley that I could limp the bike over to? I did at least check the air filter and I don't think that is the problem. Carb maybe? Any advice would be appreciated. Pete

ps And thanks to the guys who led that September ride. Bike Whore was one name I remember and I think Randy was out there as well. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

bikeslut I think

Any southbay rides planned for turkey week? Been dying to get out there, all my weekends have been really busy lately preparing for baby #2.

Bike Whore was one name I remember and I think Randy was out there as well. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

bikeslut I think

Impossible.

He said friendly and helpful.