Krs1

Oside native new to dualsporting!

Hey everyone! I've been looking for people to ride with and stumbled accross this forum! I was born and raised in north county and recently purchased a 1990 dr 350. Super excited to ride but have nobody to roll with. I hope to find some cool folks to roll with and meet some cool people along the way. I'd also like to find some hidden rides near fallbrook!!!

Another DR350 owner, awesome. I have lots of DR parts and info, let me know if you need anything. Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

Where at av bum? In in Oceanside by the back gate. Is there anything close to get in some dirt without going 15 miles east of the 15? Yes I'm a new dr 350 owner and love it! I'm slowly changing fluids ie brake/ oil but curious what else to look for. I'm gonna do the spark plug and brakes but not sure what else to do for upkeep and matinence. Info on these old drs are scarce on the web so anything helps!!!

I am located in Encinitas. Quickest for you would be out the Fallbrook way or Nate Harrison grade into Palomar Mt. Scarce info on the DR350? That is one of the nicest things about those bikes is the abundance of mods and info available.

Check out tenaja truck trail or de Luz truck trail. Both are plated bike legal and nearer to you than the 15. Welcome!

Where specifically in fallbrook since it's a 10 min ride from my house? I've deff got Harrison grade on the list. I'm talking more how to videos and such. YouTube is the greatest but not much on the dr 350 other than an oil change lol. What do you guys ride in clothing wise? I'm a total noob so I'm trying to figure out how not to be a ??

There is a huge DR350 thread on ADVrider.

I'd suggest going through the suspension (change front fluid, get rear shock serviced), greasing all the suspension linkage, check the valves and keep the oil and air filter clean. Easy bike to work on.

Oil, air filters, check valves check rear linkage check but can't find a zerk for front? Also been looking for a do it yourself to service rear and front suspension. Any links? Or better videos I can find somewhere? I ordered a chiltons type book for my bike but hasent come yet and not sure how detailed it will be. Btw thanks for the open arm welcome stoked to get out and ride once the bikes all dialed in

i used to shred that wash in oceanside every day on the way to work and back home again. 20 yrs ago (may not be super legal anymore).

i had a yamaha xt 500 with a silver gas tank.15 minutes a day each way .that old wash had deep sand and a creek crossing .and lots of trees.. oh the good old days .i would show up to work with muddy uniform on.. then ride up and down the coast on my dual sport after work..

thats enough about me... glad you finally made it . i got a dr 250 beater im getting back on the road..

welcome.

Thanks! I'm assuming you mean San Luis Rey river bed. Yeah def not legal this day and age, there's prob some endangered species of homeless down there the tree jiggers don't want you disrupt. Anyone riding this coming Monday around mid day??

Welcome to the forum. if ur up for Sunday rides I will be going this Sunday. I will be posting a ride soon so look for it. See u on the trails.

Thanks Sundays are hard as I get off work that morn. Mon/tues are def best

Thanks! I'm assuming you mean San Luis Rey river bed. Yeah def not legal this day and age, there's prob some endangered species of homeless down there the tree jiggers don't want you disrupt. Anyone riding this coming Monday around mid day??

Back in the mid 70s my friends and I would cut classes at O`side High and go hang out at the river bed, ride and party, (if you know what I mean). Lots of good memories !

Lol that's funny! I went to oside high in late 90's. Not trying to make you feel old lol. It would be a super fun place to ride if the police wernt getting called all the time. People see dust and thing the world is burning down