Wintyfresh

Anza-Borrego Explorer / San Diego Trail Map is now California Trail Ma

http://www.californiatrailmap.com/

I bought this product back when it was Anza-Borrego explorer despite being skeptical about the cost; after actually using this map I felt it was money well spent. When I saw he was continuing to update the maps I bought a lifetime subscription, and am thrilled to see he's added Riverside and San Bernardino counties! Just wish I'd had this map for my riding up in Big Bear over the summer! In my experience the routes have always been spot on, this is consistently the best map product I've used.

I am the map maker. I'm going to continue expanding the coverage area. Further north into Mojave is next.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I just bought this map and it looks great - thanks!

A few quick questions, is there a way to filter trails by Trail Type / Color? ie if I only wanted to look at OHV, dirt and paved roads and ignore hiking trails could I do that? If I wanted hiking or mountain biking trails only could I select to view only those?

I haven't downloaded it to my Garmin handheld yet. To confirm, can I have multiple underlying maps on my Garmin at one time? ie CA Trail Map and City Navigator? I understand I could only select one or the other at any specific time.

Thanks again!

Good to know this product is recommended by a member and actually made by a member. I'll take a closer look at it.

The trail types can't be hidden via setting. It can be done by replacing the style file that determines how trails are displayed. If you'd like I can create files that won't show non-motorized trails. After installing the map on your computer, you'd save the files to the install directory.

The city street map that comes with your gps is stored separately and will always be there. You can't overwrite it. If you've got multiple custom maps, they need to be loaded onto the gps at the same time. If you've already got a custom map installed (Baja as an example) then install CA Trail Map it will overwrite Baja. If you install Baja and CA Trail Map, you'll have 3 map to choose from.

Thanks for the reply 00yz250, no need to modify anything or create the non-motorized files yet. I definitely need some practical time with map while on the trail before I start asking for things lol. I'm excited to use it! I'll keep this thread posted.

Btw Moderators - if possible, could this thread be moved to GPS Stuff so it's more visible vs in Open Discussion where it gets burried? Thanks!

EDIT: Thank You Moderator for moving the thread! :good:

Thanks for the latest update. I installed it last night - rock on!

btw now I'll be spending Hours researching ride ideas :smile_anim:

Great product. I used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Very helpful in finding one of my favorite trails from Ocotillo Wells to Superstition Mtn. The trail was just about wiped out by the summer thunderstorms, but the map showed me right where I should be.

I purchased lifetime updates for Garmin and downloaded and installed the other night, so far so good... nice work, 00yz250!

Will I receive an email to notify me each time there is an update to download?

THANK YOU for putting together a great regional map product just for us!

Seth, I received an email last night notifying me to the update and quickly downloaded it.

I got unlimited updates on all platforms. I hope to install it on a used iphone or android tablet one day. An older waterproof garmin nuvi might provide a nice color screen and basemap to orient yourself and follow 00yz250's marked trails (no tracks on a nuvi however).

I am the map maker. I'm going to continue expanding the coverage area. Further north into Mojave is next.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am heading up to Wagon Wheel this weekend. Will put it through its paces :)

I got the notice for the christmas map update! I've downloaded it and will be installing it later tonight.

I've been impressed by the updates so far - thank you for continuing to improve the product! (I highly recommend new purchasers to get the unlimited lifetime updates).

I'm excited to see Death Valley and the Eastern Sierras whenever that version comes out.

Two Goofy Thumbs Up

So,,,You can load this into your Garmin device just like a 24k Topo??

Yes, the map loads onto your GPS just like the 24k Topo. You can also use it on your computer with BaseCamp.

The next additions will be Angeles NF and Los Padres NF. Death Valley and the Sequoia NF will follow.

I just bought the lifetime updates for all devices.

Installed on garmin for the bike and android for the jeep.

This is a great product, wish I had it installed yesterday for my ride through ocotillo wells and borrego, it would of helped a couple of times. Keep up the good work.

Good to know this product is recommended by a member and actually made by a member. I'll take a closer look at it.

We use it in our buggy on Lowrance. It rocks.

Zancat

I updated the map to include all of southern California, Inyo county and part of Nevada.

Works on Android, iPhone, Garmin, Lowrance, Mac and PC.

CaliforniaTrailMap.com

Really looking forward to the Inyo County update. Lots of exploration to be had up there.

When is the email being sent out?

Yesterday! Check your spam folder, if you've got one. You can also use the contact page to have the download link resent.

Yesterday! Check your spam folder, if you've got one. You can also use the contact page to have the download link resent.

Strange, I got the one on Aug 30 for Santa Barbara, Ventura and SLO Counties but not the one for Inyo yesterday. It's not in my Spam Folder either.

I'll email you through the website's Contact Page.

EDIT: I received the map. Thanks!

post-14322-0-86450300-1447276230_thumb.j