Sign in to follow this  
SICVIC

Love the ride

Had a "similar" experience up at Bass Lake last year when riding with Crawdaddy and Tony. No way around, no way over.

DraggingBikeUnderTreeCRAfter_zps3cbec0c3

DraggingBikeUnderTreeCR2_zps9c82b646.jpg

DraggingBikeUnderTreeCRLift_zps779525d7.

DraggingBikeUnderTreeCRLift2_zpsb5318e42

All part of the adventure! :coolio:

I thought you might do them all with that pack on. I was like what is he doing ! Then again I'm always like what is he doing!!! Vic good to see sum post. Let ride soon.

Is that a saw you are waving? If not, would one save you "out there"?

Are you saying you hold sacred the challenges over the views and cruise?

:dirol:

Nice video and edit Vic.

Whenever I'm out in the mountains I've always got a saw in my backpack. Sure sawing through a tree is going to wear you out and take a bit of your time, but when you're out there on perhaps a single route from A to B to map an alternate route could take FAR longer.

Dave, not sure what Vic is saying, but after putting together 3 days of riding last week, I think I can say I get more satisfaction from the challenge and successful execution of a plan than the views and cruise. Now I absolutely love the scenic vistas and have 100s of photos to prove it. And I still think the time on the bike is incredibly therapeutic and something I really need to do to keep my head straight. For me, I really enjoy the challenge of the ride and mapping out a course and seeing it through, even if that requires a few hours of manual labor to see it through.