PbdBlue

For those of you with roll up garage doors....

I don't know but I ran out to my garage and put one on my door after watching the video!

"We're not going to show you how to break in..."

Then they explain in detail exactly how to brreak in.

Added bonus for thieves provided by the deputy: "Just wait out the cops as they'll check the alarm and leave."

Oy...

Thats why I have a camera system with motion detection inside and outside of my garage. Once someone enters the pre set zone I get a text. Then I check the cameras.Mean time perps are being recorded. I will definitely add a zipty to the equation. Thanks

I just rig up a 12 gauge full of rock salt to my string when Im at work. Works everytime...

Good tip. My door throws a deadbolt electronically when it closes. I won't explain the override here.

......but $5 for a zip tie? :)

I just rig up a 12 gauge full of rock salt to my string when Im at work. Works everytime...

Thats a joke btw!

Never had a problem, but don't have windows on the garage door. May as well get rid of the string it seems.

I think this was on KUSI with Turko a few years back. I have had the zip tie on all mine for years. Also I placed a header board above the door to minimize the gap when the door is pushed in. Just have to adjust size(1x6 or 2x4 about 3 feet long) and the placement, up and down, so it barely clears the door as it comes upward and inward on the tracks. Of course I also throw the manual deadbolt and go out the regular door if I am going to be gone for more than a day or two.