Sign in to follow this  
kkug

How Marc Marquez got his skills

Its funny he still doesn,t have loosing the front end down. His crash looks just like last weekend.

mqdefault.jpg

Spain's program builds champions. that kid's mistake to win ration is fairly low....

We on the other hand have a 40 year old AMA nat road race champion, and our program has no relevance on the world stage. I hope all the hoopla about Wayne Rainey and his group taking over the Daytona group/AMA road racing program gets more youth involvement.

Not for lack of respect but I dont even know if Josh Hayes would qual for a world SBK race.

I was present as a sponsor guest of the Suzuki WSB team when the then current top tier AMA superbike racer Jake Zemke and his arrogant jerk friend Greg White got his ass handed to him against the internationals and I smiled when he got smoked by our guys- by a very broken/injured Yukio as well as stand in racer Fonsi, ( but also I smiled because Spies did win that day Utah).

Our US road racing program needs help big time if our guys can even ever get near where Marquez is.

Not taking issue with the disarray the US series has been in for a while, but, not only do I think Josh Hayes could qualifiy for a WSB race, I think he could qualify for a MotoGP race. I think that, because he has, and finished 7th, when he filled in for Tech 3 at Valencia in 2011. On a bike he had never sat on until two days before, at at track he had never seen, on Bridgestone MotoGP tires he had never ridden, with carbon brakes he had never used. Just because the US series has been seriously mismanaged doesn't mean the riders no longer know how to ride.

i was venting with disappointment and i really do hope that wayne and his group get things in better order, thanks for checking me.

ps matt will you do tecate enduro, it promises to be really good (transponders for much better timing)?

I don't like facing how bad I would have to suck to miss it this year. If I don't have an excellent excuse, you should just shoot me.

would much rather not shoot you and see you railing in your usual way despite your lack of seat time!! This year should be a most exceptional year....and with this supposed "wet" season in the works!! all the planets are lining up for this years event.

We on the other hand have a 40 year old AMA nat road race champion

Not for lack of respect but I dont even know if Josh Hayes would qual for a world SBK race.

Carlos Checa won the World Superbike championship at 39 years old in 2011. Max Biaggi won the same at 41 years old in 2012.

Maybe I'm just a big fan but I think Josh Hayes would be fighting for podiums in WSBK. He is the real deal. Like isde97 said, he has raced in MotoGP and done very well.

news_11042011_2.jpg

Totally agree about the sad state of US road-racing, however.