360adv

CPR and First Aid. Who wants to do a course?

Hello everybody, (I believe this topic was here before) well here go again: After searching for guides for my touring company, I figure out there a lot riders don't have this course (they might know what to do, might not)

beyond that I think ALL RIDERS should have at list the basic course. (KNOCK ON WOOD and I hope we never have use) But if this scenario appears WE ARE READY TO TAKE ACTIONS.

So I'm talking to Red Cross and one more company (if you know somebody, suggestions?) to put a CPR-First Aid more specific for motorcycle riders.

I would like to know how many here will be interest in do this kind training?

I have a price for $55.00 per person for 4h CPR and First AID, (min of 8 people). I still have to check couple more.

Let me know!

Just had this discussion earlier today with another member. There was a guy that taught it specifically for riders- they had it at SD BMW a couple years ago. Very good class.

Just had this discussion earlier today with another member. There was a guy that taught it specifically for riders- they had it at SD BMW a couple years ago. Very good class.

Cool, Tks Paul! I'll call them tomorrow and ask who the instructor was.

They provide CPR thru my worksite but I'd be interested in a rider-focused course.

'Cuz, you know, I crash a lot...

After doing sweep the last 2 years at the Dash, I came away determined to get this kind of training before the next one. If you set it up and if my schedule allows, I would make the drive over to attend.

After doing sweep the last 2 years at the Dash, I came away determined to get this kind of training before the next one. If you set it up and if my schedule allows, I would make the drive over to attend.

If I find the right instructor (I worked before in a ski, mountain climb search and rescue team, so I have some ideas for simulates)

I will make this course the best ever! Will be intense : )

I DON'T want just to learn how to put a Band-aid.

Sounds good.

CPR and first aid is always good, but most crashes need more training for traumatic injuries- broken bones, stabilization. Also brain injury assessment- when to call for evac vs self-rescue triage.

Like Dan, great training thru work but also interested in rider focused. Maybe the instructor has small trauma packs available for sale? I could contact the company who made up ours and see what a group rate for a basic kit (quick clot, chest patches, tourniquet, basic trauma stuff).

I'll post up as a maybe that hinges on if you can promise that I wont end up in some crappy Country, strapped to a litter getting an IV from a dude named "Diesel Dave"

post-14596-0-67658200-1410964659_thumb.j

All right everybody. After talking to 4 different companies I found this the best one IMHP. Sounds like a great instructor and the most IMPORTANT he listened what we looking for.

Nathan from: CPR Advantage http://cpradvantage.net/index.html

7 HOUR COURSE. It's long day but I think it's worth it!

3.5h First Aid

2.5 CPR

0:30 to 0:45 min lunch (I will order something like a subway catering) and some gatorades

Outside simulate (let's put a bike in the ground and really see the situation)

He will issue the CPR certificated card just after the course.

$70.00 per person

We have to options:

October 5 Sunday

or

October 11 Saturday

What is the best date? Let me know!

I will ONLY reserve this after 8 confirmations MIN and 12 MAX. We will have this course again if this is the "one"

In order to reserve a spot you must pay me first and I need a full name PLEASE PM. I do have to pay him in advance.

You might bring:

Note pad,

First Aid Kit (let's see what you carry in your trips).

If you don't have one, don't worry about, I asked him to make a list what HE RECOMMEND.

Location for the course:

Pacific High Storage (they have a conference room inside) and a parking lot.

4350 Pacific Highway,

San Diego, Ca

Just talked to him, 2nd option!

OCTOBER 5 SUNDAY

or

OCTOBER 11 SATURDAY?

$55 up $70. Your prices seem to be expensive. We have had these at shops in the past for much less or free.

$55 up $70. Your prices seem to be expensive. We have had these at shops in the past for much less or free.

I don't have to explain this because it's pretty obvious but I WILL:

1) Not my course, not my price,

2) From 4h course $48 - $55 JUST BASIC First Aid and CPR (that's what I found) to 7h course + simulate outside (he told me: I will make sure everybody have a chance to practice)

3) I talked to 5 people: Answer: Well, not sure if we can adapt the course for WHAT YOU NEED. Red Cross answer: Hum, well, haaa, sooo, well we do have the wilderness course. 16h and more $$$,

4) I ask for recommendations, if you have some body please let us know, I know San Diego BMW Motorcycles had something similar for FREE a lot people show up (I'm not BMW)

5) You really get what you pay for.

This is be the BEST course? Not sure. I will do and let you know if this is worth it or not.

Ho I forgot: How much it's a life? 55, 70? Doesn't matter if you can save one.

:tired:

Phillipp, this is a great thing you are doing for the club, and I applaud your efforts here. Of course one can always find something cheaper- personally I tell all my clients the same thing. While I don't yet know if I can attend, I believe $70 is a terrific value for the nature of the training offered. This is clearly not a "Stayin Alive" CPR chest compression class, or an online course to qualify to be a pool monitor at the local muni- this is the real deal.

Thank you sir, and I'll let you know ASAP if I can make it.

Barring any natural calamities, I'm good for either date but 1st choice is the 5th. I will be returning from a business trip on Friday the 3rd into San Diego. If on the 5th, will stay in town for the class. If it moves to the 11th Ill just do a turn around trip. I really appreciate you setting this up. I was just beginning to look into some kind of training when you posted this. I think the idea of being with other dirt bikers and being able to discuss the kinds of situations we are potentially going to face is really important. Let me know if you need any money up front.

In if the scheduling works.

What about getting an Sdar-friendly vendor to host? It might help defray some of the costs if they can bring in more people and could be a win for them as well.

In if the scheduling works.

What about getting an Sdar-friendly vendor to host? It might help defray some of the costs if they can bring in more people and could be a win for them as well.

I think its a great idea, my only concern is we need more people at list 20 or more. I guess it's easy to learn and more time to practice in small groups, but that's me. If you like to contact the vendors go for. The other problem it's the date I'm supposed to confirm with the guy today or tomorrow for the dates October 5 or 11, but if the vendors will sponsor and we need more time, we can push for November.