JRazta

Hello from Yuma

Hey all,

New member from Yuma Arizona. I'm noticing alot a people come over in the winter to do some riding, and that's awesome.

I live full time in Yuma, and ride a BMW F800 GSA. I have been riding for a long time, so off road is where I want to be.

Not sure if I can keep up with the smaller bikes off in the rocky stuff, but I would give it a try one day.

Hit me up, i am looking for someone to ride with.

Anyone been to 9 mile Canyon road off 395? My cousin is talking about us going up there.

Welcome. Wander over and join a ride or - when it cools down - post up one. I know some here have ridden a little around Yuma with good reviews.

Welcome. 9 Mile Canyon Rd takes you up to the Kern Plateau OHV trail system (aka Kennedy Meadows). 9 Mile Cyn Rd is very steep and narrow but the trails up top are worth the drive. That said the trails are very technical and definitely not big bike friendly.

Welcome! We usually camp and ride out of Patton Valley a couple times a year. We'll have to try and hook up some time.

Anyone been to 9 mile Canyon road off 395? My cousin is talking about us going up there.

First, welcome!

Yes, rode 9 mile canyon twice a few months ago, once connected with the Kennedy Meadows Road, which connected with Sherman Pass Road- all heaven for a big bike, and I'd ride it again tomorrow if I had the time.

welcome... when it cools down I wouldn't mind checking out some Yuma; I hear good things... we have a couple other Yuma guys on here as well

Close to your neck of the woods.

Rode across the El Camino del Diablo from Ajo to Yuma 3 days ago and encountered some of those 'flash floods" you read about.

This portion of the trail prior to the Military base was underwater for at least 2 miles and most of that distance was top of wheel deep.

Went from that to 100 plus degrees to another monsoon that covered Hwy 78 with water flooding across that was gastank deep back into sunny skies and the 100s again all within the matter 2 hrs.

Your area does not change for 350 days of the year but WHEN it does... Be ready!

It was awesome passing through and look forward to more time out there.

Thanks for signing up to SDAR and offering to be a ride guide.... (suckered ur-self into that one)

Sickness

post-14596-0-42491600-1410462207_thumb.j

Welcome. 9 Mile Canyon Rd takes you up to the Kern Plateau OHV trail system (aka Kennedy Meadows). 9 Mile Cyn Rd is very steep and narrow but the trails up top are worth the drive. That said the trails are very technical and definitely not big bike friendly.

Once you get up their you can poke around on some fire roads that are big bike friendly. But if you are by yourself be carefull ----------very remote and no cell service. Also don,t go down any thing that you can,t think you can make it back up.

Welcome to the club. I'm one of the small group of Yuma members of SDAR. I know a few riders out here and always looking for more to ride with. One of the great things about Yuma is the fantastic amount of open riding areas. Just waiting for the heat to drop and the riding season to start again. Hopefully we can hook up for a ride soon.

Yuma is mostly quad and UTV riders or Harley's. Not much in between.

Anxiously waiting for that temp to drop and have our beautiful weather till June of next year.

Post DSTSS, he knows plenty of places to ride, I love to ride Yuma, If you would like I can hook up with DSTSS and ride Kofa with you, I am still waiting for dave to get a big bike.