Hey all! I am new to off road and don't know ANY of the trails or riding areas here in the SD area. I was hoping to meet up with at least 1 other person if not a small group and get out on a ride this Sunday. I have 20 years on the road (mostly Harley) but have not been off-road yet. If there is anyone that would like to get out for a casual ride and does not mind having a partner not experienced on the trails I would love the company and knowledge. Hoping to meet up with some cool folks here!

Thanks!

Kevin

2012 Yamaha WR450F

From the way I read http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cleveland/recreation/ohv/?cid=stelprdb5277250&width=full it appears most of the road is dual use and OHV's are fine. The tar (unimproved) is marked as okay for OHV use, too. Someone can verify with the Rangers prior to going but my read is YES.....

Well whomever is up for some time out in the dirt just tell me when and where to be and I will happily show! My bike is not plated but green sticker good.

Hope we can set something up!

All of corral is ok from4 corners on for non-plated bikes; even the paved road to the tower-

I was planning on Corral anyway

Kevin- you an early morning guy? I can show you around Corral on some easy routes...start at Four corners parking area around 7? if that's too early, you pick the time, and I'll run some trails then meet you at a time good for you...SO...sounds like we have another n00b ride in the making; small bikes for most of Corral

Paul- go ahead and bring the 990...I have some choice trails for the two of you.....everybody else...Corral has some of everything; paved twisty roads, easy dirt roads, mild trails, rugged singletrack, and gnarly rocky trails. Like all n00b rides, we start mellow and easy, then slowly ramp it up

Kevin- you an early morning guy? I can show you around Corral on some easy routes...start at Four corners parking area around 7? if that's too early, you pick the time, and I'll run some trails then meet you at a time good for you...SO...sounds like we have another n00b ride in the making; small bikes for most of Corral

Unfortunately I have guests in town and have to drive them to an event that morning. Would it be possible to meet at 9am in the same spot? If that is going to distupt a ride I can try to make other arrangements and be there at 7.

So; let's call it an intermediate ride @ 7, then circle back and pick up some n00bs @ 9...my intended 9 am route is paved road to to lookout; espinosa and perimeter road around the park. Lots of "stop and look" opportunities. After perimeter road, we can assess the group and maybe do part of trail 1, trail 2 and Spur meadow...if everything is going well, we can try some other trails; 5 to 11, the rest of trail 1, trail 6...depending on group dynamics

That's perfect. I will see you ready to ride at 9am at the Four Corners lot. Have not been there before but found the directions and am sure it will not be a problem to get to. Thanks a bunch!

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone!

Intermediate ride...maybe 4 corners connector backwards, to trail 9, to trail 8...then swing around to trail 1 "up" to four corners. Depending on group speed, we can do more...or less?

I didn't follow the "Do we need an adventure pass" thread to the end but it might be a consideration. I got asked for one parked at 4 corners last time.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/r5/passes-permits/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5181410&width=full

If I remember, the ticket you may get costs the same as the day use anyway....?

Bikeslut what time do you leave in the morning to get there by 7?

depends on where you live... I live in Alpine. To be on the bike, ready to ride, I have to wake up @ 6. 30 Minutes or so to drive, the rest for unloading, etc.

I know it is too early for some of the coast guys, and even more so for the NoCo guys. But I hate the heat.... I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the heat. For a n00b ride, it doesn't matter much; I can cruise along at a comfortable pace. But for the technical terrain, me and my bike get too hot... So i'll knock out that part early, then meet up with the n00bs for a nice easy ride around the park

Bikeslut what time do you leave in the morning to get there by 7?

I'd leave my house at 0515-0530 to get to Four Corners. A teeny bit later for the Kernan crossroads, and 0530-6 for the cul-de-sac. That'd give me just enough time to get geared up for a 0700 kickstands-up.

I'm about a mile from the airport.