Hey You

New North County Member

Hello SDAR.

Thanks to the Pres. & ADV Bum for helping me join via computer. I hope to make my membership beneficial to all of us in some small way. My name is Chris (male). I live in North County. I've been riding street bikes for many years. About 5,000-miles per year. I still have a 750 Yamaha. I've been active in clubs with sailing (not government sponsored) and the desert with 4x4's, a buggy, and camping. About 2-months ago, looking to expand my riding, I bought a 2009 KLR650. The previous owner had it decked out with a lot of great accessories. I've added a Corbin Dual Platform seat (that's telling, isn't it!), tank pads, center stand lift handle, and replaced the Kawasaki Soft Side Top Case with a hard case. I'm a retired business owner, married to a wonderful understanding wife, have 2-kids, and a dog. I'd be boring if I wasn't crazy. As I'm learning to handle this dirt bike, I'm sure I'll be giving all of you a good time!

Welcome! Plenty of us here with the mid-sized bikes. Sounds like your experience will add to the pot of knowledge here. A little slow on rides due to the heat but don't hesitate to join in or post up.

Come ride , it's entertaining to help those "big " bikes thru sand etc. Actually some riders make it look easy.

Welcome.

Welcome Chris (Male)!

Don't ride like BikeSlut, nor use the boots he suggests.

Welcome to the board

Thanks to all for the welcomes. Trophy Hunter, kind of you to notice my years of experience, but they’re on the street. So I’m basically good for nothing. (At least I don’t have to be paid to be good!) Uncle Champ, glad somebody else is aware of sand. So far, I hate it! (But it is softer to fall down on.) You caught my “big bike” reference to my KLR650. Ya, I know some of the Stars ride 1000s, 1100+, and 1200+, so the bike is really a mid-size. Also notice my Corbin Dual Platform seat. Basically, Corbin did a beautiful job of pulling vinyl over the bike’s backbone. (Seriously, Corbin makes some quality engineered seats.) And good advice! That’s what I need! Paulmbowers, thanks for the warning about BikeSlut. I can’t wait to hear what he’ll say about you. This is gonna be a fun ride. Still setting up this bike to suit me some, but hope to meet many of you in person.

Hi Chris, I live just north of Escondido and like to get out for a ride mid week whenever possible, street or dirt. Post up when your

ready for a ride and I'll try and join you.

Covered in Dust

also Chris

Desert season is right around the corner, where do you go riding out there?

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.