TrophyHunter

Chrome toaster

My foray into motorized wheels started with a mini-bike I mowed lawns all summer to get. Then a Honda Trail 90 basket case, then a Hodaka basket case. For the past several years, I've been trying to recapture my yoot - married someone 12 years younger, bought a Harley - or 3, even bought a Hodaka.

This one started it....De Anza Cycle Park, CA. I used to kick ass - usually my own.

FH000016_zps5931d75b.jpg

Tried at satisfying the Hodaka bug with a 250 Thunderdog but couldn't ride it after I found out how much the tank and side panels were if I messed 'em up.

But today I picked up a 1 family - Dad bought it new in '75, gave to son as first bike, I bought from the son - '73 Wombat. 690 miles, original tires, great paperwork, etc. Found it on CL (surprised) in OC and drove to Irvine today to pick it up.

DSCN1012_zps747fe297.jpg

DSCN1013_zps243c80e9.jpg

DSCN1010_zpsa842869d.jpg

DSCN1014_zpsd38c3514.jpg

Rustiest and shiniest part of the bike. Glad it has a "you left your signals on" indicator cuz those aircraft signals would escape me.

DSCN1011_zpsfead0a82.jpg

DSCN1016_zps2fcba5aa.jpg

Brake light switch

DSCN1017_zps2f69f789.jpg

DSCN1019_zps594d13b5.jpg

Orig receipt and registration + The Hodaka Story

DSCN1022_zpsae5bf369.jpg

I've been waiting to Boogie with a Wombat....so now's my chance

DSCN1025_zpseb4546f4.jpg

Accessories

DSCN1021_zpsa315e50a.jpg

DSCN1020_zpsd1a16abe.jpg

I'm guessing from the overall condition and the brake pedal pad, this 41 year old led a gentle life

DSCN1026_zps84b1ff62.jpg

Big thanks to Kelly - So Cal Hodaka - for looking at the ad online and discussing the bike prior to purchase! Now for next June up to Hodaka Days.

That looks like my Super Combat I had growing up. I don't know the differences 'tween it and the Super Rat, etc. Get it going and we'll get the Rokon out there too for a vintage day.

Nice find TH...congrats and enjoy!

Thats like a nice "barn" find, with all the original swag included. cool stuff.

Saw the bike in person yesterday. What a great find.

Awesome! Do you still have those groovy bell bottoms to complete the look?

I do, but sadly, they don't fit.

Okay fine, I don't.

I appreciate REV5's comment yesterday about leaving the bike showing some age. I wasn't going to fully restore it but did have my eye on re-chroming a few things. I think I'll treat the rusty areas and see how it looks.

A little patina keeps it real. Funny, back in the day I hated those toaster gas tanks - now I think they are so cool.

A little patina keeps it real. Funny, back in the day I hated those toaster gas tanks - now I think they are so cool.

They are awesome because before the photo shoot you can check your hair.

They are awesome because before the photo shoot you can check your hair.

Ha! LMAO! :lmaosmiley:

I think I speak for everyone when I say that it would be acceptable to replace the aircraft landing light sized turn signals with something smaller for now as long as you place them in a hermetically sealed vault under armed guard. :smile_anim:

I've seen a sales brochure with them in the up position and they appear to made to be that way (if down, large hole leading to wiring connection is open straight up) I also got info + pics from a guy who had his delivered new in the down position. I moved 'em under the bars and they look much better. I'll follow recommendations to fill the wire access hole with silicone.

REV5 ur killin' me.......and not "softly with your song..", just killin' me...... :heh: Thx for pointing it out, ya never who ya might meet on the trail.