KTMrad

John Penton Movie / SDAR Movie Night with NCY

SDAR and North County Yamaha/KTM are having a get together before the Oceanside showing of the John Penton Story.....

Thursday July 31st we'll meet anytime after 5pm at Shakey's Pizza at 4141 Oceanside Blvd., just a couple miles from the theater (there are not any good restaurant bars real close to the theater).

Then go a couple miles to watch The John Penton Story movie at 7:30pm at 431 College Ave, Oceanside CA.

This is just an informal gathering to have drinks and dinner before the movie. If you haven't seen this movie or don't know the story behind Penton and KTM....you gotta see this flick. I myself did not know much of the Penton/KTM history and what the Penton's did for our sport....awesome motorcycling history in this movie with lots of other famous people in it.

Hopefully Ricky Johnson and possibly David Daily (well known mx racers) and maybe Todd Huffman the movie producer will show up at our get together.

The John Penton Story....link to tickets here....
http://gather.us/screening/8348

Jim Hurkman....owner of North County Yamaha bought a bunch of tickets to meet the cinema quotas so the movie would be shown....awesome of Jim to do that.

I called Jim and asked if he'd want to do SDAR / NCY movie night together and he said yes....so I need to find a place near theatre that can host us in a separate room......maybe even have some guests like at Grossmont.....maybe we'll talk to Tod Huffman producer of the movie.

North County Yamaha and San Diego Adventure Riders will be having a pre-screening get together before the Oceanside showing of the Penton Story.

Thursday July 31st we'll meet anytime after 5pm at Shakey's Pizza at 4141 Oceanside Blvd., just a couple miles from the theater (there are not any good restaurant bars real close to the theater).

They have beers on tap at Shakey's. Anyone coming for the Oceanside showing, please feel free to come down to Shakey's before the movie. Hopefully Ricky Johnson and Todd Huffman can show up also. Looking forward to seeing the movie...again !

Thanks Randy for getting in touch with Jim.

So all us N County peeps lets party.

P.S. Their is a Hooters Close By I think .

Ken....that's too far....I found a cool Mexican place about a mile away but Jim thinks that's too far....he doesn't think many people will show for a pre-party if not real close or in same shopping center as movie.

We need a place that will seat 20 to 50 people that serves beer....hard to find in that area within a block away....I already researched on Google.

Still hoping someone knows somewhere good real close...Hurkman will do a recon tomorrow.

Ken....that's too far....I found a cool Mexican place about a mile away but Jim thinks that's too far....he doesn't think many people will show for a pre-party if not real close or in same shopping center as movie.

We need a place that will seat 20 to 50 people that serves beer....hard to find in that area within a block away....I already researched on Google.

Still hoping someone knows somewhere good real close...Hurkman will do a recon tomorrow.

Ok no problem -Just throwing it out their.

Ok no problem -Just throwing it out their.

Oh ya I see it is off the 76 not the 78 so yes hooters is out. Prohibition Brewery but it is also far from the movie.

North County Yamaha and San Diego Adventure Riders will be having a pre-screening get together before the Oceanside showing of the Penton Story.
Thursday July 31st we'll meet anytime after 5pm at Shakey's Pizza at 4141 Oceanside Blvd., just a couple miles from the theater (there are not any good restaurant bars real close to the theater). They have beers on tap at Shakey's. Anyone coming for the Oceanside showing, please feel free to come down to Shakey's before the movie. Hopefully Rick Johnson and Todd Huffman can show up also. Looking forward to seeing the movie...again !

Oh man, I thought it was my turn to bring the invalid... :whistle:

I'm in... called around to a few places -- long story short... most can not accommodate 25-50 - here are a few considerations

These have confirmed they have enough room -

Marieta Mexican - very close by ( approx 1/2 mile) ... just over the bridge ), 485 Vandergrift Blvd, Oceanside- they can accommodate. they have a separate room/banquet hall we can use.***Note - I have not eaten at Marieta before and I will make a run over there to inspect as needed*** Yelp looked - ok.

Killer Pizza from Mars - El Camino Real/ 76 ( approx 2.5 miles away) beat up old pizza place ( have not eaten there in a longgg time)

Shakey Pizza - College and O'side Blvd (approx 3.5 miles away) newer that Killer (have not eaten there in a longgg time either)

Hey....thanks for your help.

Funny....I called Marriettas and the Mars Pizza and they told me they could not handle this event

Anyway...it is set for Shskeys Pizza.

I'm thinking the 78 at 4:30 is not in the cards for me since I already saw it.

The movie is awesome and have a good meeting!

Sounds like a good time, I'm in unless the boss man wants to fly somewhere. Randy, ever get those extra DD T-shirts?

Reminder...,please come join us if you're going to the movie this Thursday.

I went out of town for a couple days and figured I would get a ticket when I got back. No dice! Sold out. Anyone drops out let me know.

Mike....did u try NCY for ticket ?

If they have none....I may have an extra.

Thanks Randy. I am in! I did try NCY earlier. They directed me back to the movie site. I explained that it was sold out. Knowing that the owner had a bulk purchase I had them take my name and number in case there were tickets floating around that I could purchase.

I was looking for 2 tickets also...

I just called North County... they said they did not make a bulk buy to sell tickets. ..

So... I'm interested in 2 tickets if anyone has extra...

I will be at the pizza place for the meeting...

***** update*****

The movie site just released more tickets...

I was looking forward to this. I took my broken leg out for a spin last night. Went out for burgers and beer with some of our members. Well when I went to the doctors this morning they were quite concerned about the color and the swelling. They sent me for test right away. I need to keep that sucker elevated so I will pass on this event.

Going to miss out on a good time.

Spoke with Jim at NCY

He has a link on his website for tickets- last I looked there are still 12 available