Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crusty

Anyone here Love Baja, Riding and Surfing?

Guest Crusty

I have been out of the water because of a shoulder injury for 1 1/2 years.

The shoulder feels good again and the ocean is calling my name.

I would love to surf and ride South of the boarder.

10488233_10201094645208011_4163587934150

10423945_10201094645048007_2704396995826

10371903_10200977126070106_7276666011541

10155221_10200977130590219_8013806343159

10341581_10200977129030180_4043524856569

"Bikes and Boards" im definitely in. We should take the north road down to san juanico.

Guest Crusty

"Bikes and Boards" im definitely in. We should take the north road down to san juanico.

That would be nice but I can't get that much time off.

Now you're speaking my language. I'd be into a lighthouse trip on a good sized south swell. The holiday weekend of the fourth is supposed to have waves but we're heading to Monterey. The weekend of the 12th there is supposed to be another good swell. I think I could swing that one.

Hmmm. That sounds interesting since I also like to surf and ride. The other benefit is getting back through the border without wait since you/we are on bikes. I would have to figure out how to carry my 8' board on my 990.

steve

Guest Crusty

Hmmm. That sounds interesting since I also like to surf and ride. The other benefit is getting back through the border without wait since you/we are on bikes. I would have to figure out how to carry my 8' board on my 990.

steve

Carver surf racks, the one that mounts to a scooter.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carver+surf+racks&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS592US592&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=w3HQ6MmXKCzzIM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253F

Wow a pic of my bike on their website. :coolio:

Scroll down for the pic of the Honda with the Twin Air sticker on the fender.

This website wouldn't allow me to use their-MY pic.

I would have to figure out how to carry my 8' board on my 990.

Steve let me know when you figure that one out

we can take the big bikes down for a surf

Im not much of a resortist. But we do have a house just north of La Fonda and there are some good spots in the area. Or we can head 5 hrs down to camp at Punta Cabras. Ive never had any luck with good surf but its a cool trip.

More the merrier. If we can get this organized it will be a swell time.

I have surfed many, many times at Punta Cabras and it is "OK". Sometimes big sometimes small - always cold- never great. I have ridden through the last two weekends and it has been small. On the upside the new bartender at Coyote's is cute. haha. The other nice thing about Cabras is that the beach is family friendly and sandy.

I would like to find some other spots in Northern Baja. Dan, let me look at Crust's link and get back to you. I think it would be fun to see a group of us with boards riding together. :-) steve

Guest Crusty

I have surfed many, many times at Punta Cabras and it is "OK". Sometimes big sometimes small - always cold- never great. I have ridden through the last two weekends and it has been small. On the upside the new bartender at Coyote's is cute. haha. The other nice thing about Cabras is that the beach is family friendly and sandy.

I would like to find some other spots in Northern Baja. Dan, let me look at Crust's link and get back to you. I think it would be fun to see a group of us with boards riding together. :-) steve

Have you surfed here, we had lots of fun.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLSJsGlrLbI

I stopped and saw Richard on my last trip.

he has been making improvements.

I think I have scored my best waves here.

Another great video of Roberts. I love staying there Robert is like family.

And here, it's toooooo crowded the last 20 years though.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLM0GeoXa9M

Guest Crusty

I don't need a resort but camping for me is out.

Too much weight to carry with a board and wetsuit.

Falling over in the deep sand and technical trails, is not an option when carrying a surf board.

Too many great places to stay.

Guest Crusty

My wife works fast, she heard I wanted to surf and ride Baja.

Looks like we are staying here 7-25-14 to 7-27-14http://www.weknowmexico.com/view_overview.asp?s_cityid=36&s_adults=3&s_children=0&s_items=1&s_date1=7/25/2014&s_date2=7/27/2014&servicetype=1&s_ages=&hotelid=97&ImageID=14

Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel y Villas

Located just a short drive from San Diego, Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel y Villas offers an attractive concept of accommodations to overnight visitors at Rosarito beach, renting completely furnished ocean front condos at hotel room prices, plus each unit has a unobstructed view of the ocean.

The famous Puerto Nuevo "Lobster Village" with more than two dozen restaurants is only a block away. Come and enjoy our friendly sea side family resort.

FTNcQ_rMXSY_large.jpg

Come surf and we can ride to Tecate and back for lunch here in P.N.

then swim in the pool, relax with beers in the jacuzzi then more waves,

while my wife and daughter shop in town.

Thats perfect my house is about 5minutes from there. Ive got room for a couple more people if anyone else wants to join. Hopefully there will be some decent size surf.

Its to bad salsipuedes is no longer accessible by road. (R.I.P)

Guest Crusty
10440860_893608523999698_176487962547280
Wish I was there!
59 mins ·

The Swell has filled in and the Point at K38 is firing on 6 of 8 cylinders. Super clean conditions this morning with solid 4 to 6 ft sets. Mellow crowd this morning at 6:30 but a bit of a zoo at the moment. The Motel is clearing out and we have 3 rooms opening up for tonight. Come on down and catch some of this great swell. Water is super nice with lots of spring suits and guys trunking it as well. Weather is amazing. Happy 4th July weekend to everyone.

Greetings,in
I'm back at the house in SoCal after a year and some in NorCal. It was an unplanned move to take care of family. I'll be working on the house here to repair the damage that the cold winter did. (frozen pipes). I had plans to ride baja in 2013 but that went out the window. So now I need to make up for that lost time, and since I'm not working currently, it is time once agian to visit baja. Looks like the swell picks up strong starting around the 15th and going pretty good for at least a week. Assuming my bike gets sorted out, (just started it tonite for the first time in a year) I would like to head down to either San Quintin area or Punta Baja, or both. I can camp and or stay at 'cheap' lodging. Its about a days ride to punta Baja but I'm not married to that spot and would like to explore a bit. Camalu looks good as well. So many spots.... I think Tuesday the 15th is ride day.I want to be posted up and ready to hit the water on the 16th...Anyone have time to surf...?

Guest Crusty

Greetings,in

I'm back at the house in SoCal after a year and some in NorCal. It was an unplanned move to take care of family. I'll be working on the house here to repair the damage that the cold winter did. (frozen pipes). I had plans to ride baja in 2013 but that went out the window. So now I need to make up for that lost time, and since I'm not working currently, it is time once agian to visit baja. Looks like the swell picks up strong starting around the 15th and going pretty good for at least a week. Assuming my bike gets sorted out, (just started it tonite for the first time in a year) I would like to head down to either San Quintin area or Punta Baja, or both. I can camp and or stay at 'cheap' lodging. Its about a days ride to punta Baja but I'm not married to that spot and would like to explore a bit. Camalu looks good as well. So many spots.... I think Tuesday the 15th is ride day.I want to be posted up and ready to hit the water on the 16th...Anyone have time to surf...?

When you last posted a couple years ago, I got a lot more time off, now I don't.

I do get some weekends off.

I hope you have a great time.

When you last posted a couple years ago, I got a lot more time off, now I don't.

I do get some weekends off.

I hope you have a great time.

Thanks man. Glad to see your healed up, that must have been a bitch.

I saved enough from my job in Monterey that I'm going to take the winter off and just surf NorCal. I haven't forgotten your offer btw, I'll have to stop by and say hi on one of these runs...I'll bring photo's and mex beer :]

Thats perfect my house is about 5minutes from there. Ive got room for a couple more people if anyone else wants to join. Hopefully there will be some decent size surf.

I like to surf and ride dirt bikes in México.

I'd like to do a couple days in northern baja around the swell that is supposed to come around the 15-17th-ish. I just have to go back to work on the 20th for a couple weeks.

I'd like to do a couple days in northern baja around the swell that is supposed to come around the 15-17th-ish. I just have to go back to work on the 20th for a couple weeks.

Greets, Is your bike set up with surf rack? The Surf models are changing a bit. I don't think Punta Baja will be a good call due to the wind. Crossing the border in the Early A.M. Tuesday coming back on Thursday after an A.M. surf. Looking at the Camalu area. The Hostel that Crusty posted up might be the call. I'm flexible on days but Wednesday is the peak of the swell...

Hey Surfnride, an 8ft board is probably not a good idea for cycle carry. It will act as sail in any kind of wind. If your considering bike boardin it, you should invest in another board. Round nose 'fun boards' still have a lot of floatation, easy to paddle into waves. Here's a pic to how my rack mounts up::

racksetup-L.jpg

If you don't want to go as far as San Quintin, I'll be up for the lighthouse or other closer spots as well,.,

post-15515-0-86601500-1405040831.jpgThat was someone else talking about their 8 ft board on their bike. I will have my 5'10" in this pic. If the waves required an 8'0" or a fun board I would probably just stay home and surf local slop. I was hoping for more of a strike mission during a good swell to score some waves worthy of the effort.

Hey Bitwrench it looks like that swell fizzled out like you said. I'd rather wait for a better one, but I'm glad to see there are some people interested when it happens.