TdubLady

Street Gear-What's your choice?

Arrived home from our cross country vacation Tuesday to find my new Sliders Kevlar jeans waiting for me. Just took them for their maiden voyage to town and I am quite pleased. Now I'll be more inclined to do smaller errands on the bike like I used to.

Thanks for all the input, y'all-keep it comin!

I were everything - every time I throw a leg over the bike. Klim Badland Jacket. Sidi waterproof armored boots. Lee Parks Deerskin gauntlet style gloves, Triumph pants.

Yeah, it's overkill... except when it's not.

I was riding with some friends in the BMW club on March 9th... Just a regular day. Tore it up on Highland Valley's fun stuff, then eased up for the simple stuff after the school. As I was exiting that sweeping left just past the Wildlife place I suddenly found myself on the ground. At about 45mph. Started sliding then went into the death tumble.

What happened? Tranny drain plug has fallen out and my rear tire had become oil soaked. Completely unexpected, and could have happened on the way to the store as easily as it did on the way to Santa Ysabel.

I got a little scuffed on my ass when the seat tore, but came away remarkably unscathed even after doing the death roll. Pants failed on my ass. Jacket had a ground down spot just below the elbow. Helmet got dinged up. Gloves and boots pretty scuffed.

AGATT. Period. Oh, and that drain plug? Bike had recently been serviced at SDBMW.

Sorry to hear about it Eddie. Thanks for sharing your story. I assume it's the 12r in your sig?

It 's the 2010. Now, with 73K, the 2010 looks as good as new. The '07 died on HVR as well, but that was pilot error. [No more whacking the throttle at lean in tight stuff.]

The tank bag saved that ugly steel tank from any damage, but most everything else on both sides was scuffed up/ground down. The guys behind me said it barrel rolled and then cartwheeled a couple of times.

post-13992-0-12371300-1408272529_thumb.j

Sorry to hear that, Eddie, but it's a perfect example of how "most accidents are avoidable"-except when they're not. And NOBODY can guarantee against mechanical failures and the fact that weird ---- can happen any time.

I'm glad you're both okay.