Crawdaddy

2014 CORE Bikes, Brews & Blues, 7/31-8/3, Mammoth Lakes

I've been leading street bike and/or dirt bike rides that coincide with the Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza for 10+ years.......the Brews/Blues festival is a fun event if you're so inclined......if the festival isn't your cup of tea, there's plenty of other "stuff" to do in the Mammoth Lakes area. You must register by July 15th to receive event specific T-Shirt.

It's recommended that you start EARLY each day (~7am)........shortish ride on Saturday (~100 miles) then hit Brews/Blues fest by ~2-3pm........loop from Mammoth to Bodie on Sunday (~150 miles)......

Specific details will be released via email to registrants as we near the event date.

Link to CORE Calendar/Registration: http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/mammoth-brew-and-blues-2014

My retirement ceremony is 1 Aug....

Great ride; have done this 2 times already, and am trying to schedule work to make this year 3.

Highly recommend it to anyone considering the event.

This always looks fun, work keeps getting in the way. I like the retirement ceremony idea.....boatswain, stand by to pipe the shipmate ashore!

Workin' on it. Where's the best place to stay with a toy hauler?

I'm working up here for the summer, maybe I'll get a chance to ride with y'all. There are pay campgrounds in town with hookups and a free one about 10~12 miles up 395.

Me and a buddy will probably do Saturday. Got Bluesapalooza tickets for Friday night. Camp reservations for the week at the New Shady Rest NF campground in town.

I've done this event several times, and it is one my favorite areas to ride....the blues festival is equally as awesome...

it's a great time.....Highly recommended if you haven't riden there or taken part in a CORE event yet...always great.

I Have this on the radar to attempt to make it this year...

Is this a street bike ride? Small dirt bike ride? Big dirt bike ride? All of the above? Sounds like fun either way.

Is this a street bike ride? Small dirt bike ride? Big dirt bike ride? All of the above? Sounds like fun either way.

It can be whatever you want it to be but the main focus of the CORE event is Dual Sport.. I've been attending this event for 15+ years and my focus the past ~5+yrs has been Dualsport. I used to go up and do Sport bike loops through Yosemite/over Sonora Pass ~(350 mile loop). I've also gone up and focused on mtn biking at Mammoth Mtn. I could probably string together an ADV Loop too but, as stated, my recent focus has been DualSport..

Uncle Champ and I are....IN. John Hiatt & the Combo's playin' Friday Night, yeah baby!

post-15028-0-93447000-1400856947_thumb.j

Uncle Champ and I are....IN. John Hiatt & the Combo's playin' Friday Night, yeah baby!

:thumbsup_anim::good:

Don't forget Thursday night......no ticket required......

Ordering TShirts this weekend.........not ordering a lot of spares for late entries/walk-ups

Mammoth11ST1.jpg

Thanks for design work Paul/Strega

Off to the printer on Monday......get in on it.....

Mammoth2014_zpsc8f11b2f.png

Ok. In for Saturday - leaving on Sunday. Going to be staying in town at the New Shady Rest CG (site 93) Tuesday - Sunday. Will be at Bluesapalooza on Friday night. C'Daddy if you get up there early and want some riding company or just a beer PM me or give me a call on my cell. The number is on my entry form.

Randy

Ok. In for Saturday - leaving on Sunday. Going to be staying in town at the New Shady Rest CG (site 93) Tuesday - Sunday. Will be at Bluesapalooza on Friday night. C'Daddy if you get up there early and want some riding company or just a beer PM me or give me a call on my cell. The number is on my entry form.

Randy

I plan on being up there early Thursday evening to hit the Thursday night Bluesapalooza festivities (free)

I'll be in the Holiday Haus Lobby from 7-8am Friday and Sat morning to answer questions/download tracks/pass out TShirts.....

Arrived yesterday. Started raining this afternoon and expected to continue through Wednesday on and off. Should be epic next weekend

Arrived yesterday. Started raining this afternoon and expected to continue through Wednesday on and off. Should be epic next weekend

Low Dust!!! :dance2::good::smile_anim:

Thanks for design work Paul/Strega

Off to the printer on Monday......get in on it.....

Mammoth2014_zpsc8f11b2f.png

T-Shirts turned out great! Plenty of Orange for the Orange riders... :)

Very Cool. We'll be up there Thurs. mid-day.

Looks like the weather is cooperating. Could be epic.

10-Day Forecast, a la Crawdaddy update.

post-15028-0-99115400-1406603190.jpg

Rained pretty steady this afternoon. Unloading the bike and hitting the trails tomorrow morning weather permitting. Otherwise going to find somewhere nice and warm for breakfast. Playing Bingo tonight in the Rafters lounge. Out of control!