ADV Bum

Cocos fire

Looking at the news the San Marcos Cocos fire has really flared up. Looks like Harmony Grove is lit up and they are loosing some control.

Schwinn it is over the ridge to your west. I just tried to call him but no answer.

Currently unable to post pics but we've been watching it from the rooftop of our office which sits just north of CSUSM. Fire making it's way E / SE to Hospital / Stone brewery. GOD SAVE THE BEER!!

More homes up in smoke on the ridge above the school. No less than 4 CDF / local choppers and 3 small tankers attacking the fire but the wind/fuel combo is too much.

I did get through to Steve. He has moved his trailer out and is now waiting until he has to bug out with his family.

We live in San Elijo Hills. I was up on Double Peak Park with my kids yesterday watching the Carlsbad and other fires for a while. Went to the store for about 45 minutes and when I came out there was a fire right by Double Peak Park and it was moving towards our home. We were evacuated around 6 last night. Spent the night with some friends in Valley Center, got a condo on the beach in Oceanside tonight. One of our neighbors didn't evacuate, he says the neighborhood is fine, but we cant get in due to road closures etc....

Getting pretty tired of the fire. I live a mile or two away from it. Went over yesterday and took some pictures around midday. As I was leaving, several police cars had arrived, no doubt to clear the place of both spectators and residents. I hope that today the weather will be better, and the winds will not be a negative factor.