Sign in to follow this  
Wintyfresh

SoCal Supermoto school

I thoroughly enjoyed attending the Supermoto school up at Adams yesterday! I didn't go in with much in the way of expectations but by the end of the day I was modulating the rear tire's traction with the clutch and starting to exceed the limits of traction on corner entry. We chose to do a Monday to try for a smaller class; the class was actually full but perhaps because of the day we got a ton of track time. I also got to ride a Zero Stealthfighter (electric Supermoto) which was a blast; the hooligan potential on a bike that quiet is incredibly high.

We did have one crash on asphalt; I'll know more today but I think my friend Stephen broke his foot in a low side. Other than that I crashed in the dirt section (where's my side knobs?!?) once towards the end of the day but no harm aside from some dirty leathers, Also broke my clutch cable part-way through the day but fortunately brought a spare. My wife missed the class due to illness and Stephen has an open invite to return once his foot heals up so I'm definitely going back for more track time!

My "unique" Supermoto.

B0E1FqL.jpg

Daniel getting two wheels off the ground in the dirt section.

BDbEAsV.jpg

Brandon leaning it over in the hairpin.

O2SpUpg.jpg

[Edit: Stephen just got x-rays, his foot is not broken! Fingers crossed he'll be back on two feet (and two wheels) again soon and able to re-take the class.]

Excellent!

I had a similar experience a couple of weekends ago and would highly recommend it to others who are considering SuperMoto.

I had an absolute blast! Brian puts together a great package, and the Monday session meant tons of track time available. Really glad to hear that Stephen isn't to broken, hope he's back riding soon.

Now to find me some 17s...