Sneeker

short n.county ride - DONE

Quotes from the ride.

Crusty: "It's easy, I got your line right here!" (From 300 feet up the trail)

Kato: "Does it get worse than that up there?"

Sneeker: "Nah, just different"

That was one my funnest group rides at the spot! I had a blast!

Kato, thanks for posting this ride. Crusty, thanks for being our fearless leader.

All rode well. A few minor tip-overs, no carnage. Great group chemistry, great ride. Good times!.

Everyone, nice to meet you, lets ride again soon!

Guest Crusty
Quotes from the ride.
Crusty: "It's easy, I got your line right here!" (From 300 feet up the trail)
Kato: "Does it get worse than that up there?"
Sneeker: "Nah, just different"
That was one my funnest group rides at the spot! I had a blast!
Kato, thanks for posting this ride. Crusty thanks for being our fearless leader.
All rode well. A few minor tip-overs, no carnage. Great group chemistry, great ride. Good times!.
Everyone, nice to meet you, lets ride again soon!

Very well said, David!

Great group. :coolio:

Nice riding with you, "Always" Sneeker.

Thank's Kato for getting the ball rolling.

Great to meet everyone else.

Thank's Craig.

"Ruts"? More like canyons! Among the more challenging rides in SoCal for me thus far. The Spaniard is home with a bent front brake lever and both bar mounts, and I'm home humbled with A LOT of respect for you veteran riders today, you guys rip! Thanks for the tour, Crusty, looking forward to the next!

Can't wait for photos...

fun group and good mix of bikes: "VanJoosten" (drz400 kickstart), "Kevin Merlo" (ktm500exc), "Sneeker" (xr250), "mtnmanseth" (gasgas300), myself (atk605), and crusty (crf230f) who knows the place well and.. well.. we visited some fun stuff. A great day!

that's about half way into the ride, we had just climbed a pretty tough one and maybe this was as hard as it was going to get: (not)

2014-04-20_11-58-15_28_zpso9arnhtz.jpg

on the way down from the pic above, the easy part:

2014-04-20_12-14-15_155_zpsgo0x1qmd.jpg

2014-04-20_12-14-24_529_zpsylskpvne.jpg

Our guide showing how it's done:

2014-04-20_12-29-15_253_zpspq7n7tkc.jpg

ktm500exc powering its way up:

2014-04-20_12-32-03_542_zpsaasali3z.jpg

On the way down his front wheel gets in the rut...

2014-04-20_12-33-01_306_zpsh3prhvef.jpg

.. all good no boo boo:

2014-04-20_12-33-04_296_zpsnlzv5knc.jpg

sneeker attempted to climb this, made it about half way, this one is nuts:

2014-04-20_12-52-11_791_zpsyearvlvd.jpg

Only Crusty followed him. he got pretty far up and when the front end of his small bike lifted he performed the save of the day, this coulda easily turned into the hillclimbing101 thread:

2014-04-20_12-52-57_990_zpsnmpqohdr.jpg

This is a bit later towards the end of the ride. "Yo does it get any worse up there?"

2014-04-20_13-36-59_504_zpsczo0gxcr.jpg

Here's a good looking bunch...had a blast with all of you today. THIS is exactly why I wanted this bike, so thanks everybody. Looking forward to the next one!

photo-3.jpg

Looks like fun, I always end up out there solo. Its kinda creepy by yourself. My MTB friends call it Altima. They call it that because supposedly there was a guy out there who ran a "companionship" business for the truckers out of a Nissan Altima. Not saying thats why you guys go there, just sayin'... Anyways here's a close up up of one of the "ruts" from last time I was out there. Next time, maybe one of you guys can show me how its supposed to be done.post-15320-0-24528600-1398060050_thumb.p

Guest Crusty

My CRF 230 hasn't Been ridden since this ride, how about another one SOON?

Would my dr650 be too big for these trails? I have been wanting to go there and challenge myself. I live so close to these trails just have to get the time to get over there.

It depends on your skill level and masochistic tendencies I guess. I am not highly skilled but I am stubborn so I'd try my DR there if I had to - but I'd take my 250 instead.

Seth has a DR and rode this on his smaller bike - and went home tired from his post. He might be the perfect one to answer this.

Welcome aboard! If you haven't done the little fixes to your DR - NSU, upper chain roller, general stuff - I can throw tools around with ya one weekend and get it done.

Thanks trophy. I am stubborn and went there this morning and tried to go up what looked like the main paved road at one time. Now with BIG holes in it and made 3/4 way up and laid it down. OUCH! (picking that thing up when it's laying perpendicular to the hill sucks). Lesson learned to stay on more level ground. I am a real novice.

Got my first battle scars on the bike. I just bought the bike a month ago brand new just got to the 600 mile mark. Scratched the tank bent the turn signal and broke the tip of the brake lever off. All merely flesh wounds.

But definitely learned you should always go with someone else incase of an emergency.

But I had a blast. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Thanks trophy. I am stubborn and went there this morning and tried to go up what looked like the main paved road at one time. Now with BIG holes in it and made 3/4 way up and laid it down. OUCH! (picking that thing up when it's laying perpendicular to the hill sucks). Lesson learned to stay on more level ground. I am a real novice.

Got my first battle scars on the bike. I just bought the bike a month ago brand new just got to the 600 mile mark. Scratched the tank bent the turn signal and broke the tip of the brake lever off. All merely flesh wounds.

But definitely learned you should always go with someone else incase of an emergency.

But I had a blast. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Probably doesn't seem like it but that's a good thing to get the first drop out of the way. Now you know what it's like and you won't be so worried about collecting battle scars in the future. :)

Guest Crusty

I spent the weekend at the beach riding and surfing.

Maybe next weekend would be great.

10488233_10201094645208011_4163587934150

Keep me posted on another ride. MIght be able to join. How many miles we talking?

Keith

Guest Crusty

Keep me posted on another ride. MIght be able to join. How many miles we talking?

Keith

Great, will do.

About 20 miles.

Craig.

I'll keep an eye out for the next one that gets firmed up. Hopefully my radiators are back from being straightened and my radiator braces come in. Still rebuilding from the carnage at the Big Bear Run...

Guest Crusty

How about this Sunday at 10:00 am?

How about this Sunday at 10:00 am?

I'll let you know Crusty. With the holiday on Friday I'm not sure I'll get them back in time. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Still plan on doing this on Sunday? Might be able to make it.

Thanks