It's getting nasty out there in Eastern Nevada with Cliven Bundy and the BLM. I have a LOT of things to say about this but I think this video pretty accurately describes what's going on out there.

Right now there are over 200 BLM Officers out there with high powered rifles/weapons waging war on a cattle rancher. I've met Cliven, I've been to his ranch, and I've worked on several cattle ranches in the state of Nevada as a ranch hand in my younger days. I know first hand the horrific mismanagement of PUBLIC land that has been going on for YEARS by the BLM and they're not in it to manage public land, they are there to destroy the cattle ranchers in this country. I guess they want us to import beef from China.

This is not just about the BLM and Cliven Bundy, this is about the government overstepping its bounds and harassing good hard working people.

I worked for Cliff Gardener at the Dawley Creek Ranch in Ruby Valley NV and have first hand experiences with the corrupt BLM and their lack of knowledge on how to manage land.

This is what it's all about:

Article: (Good read)

http://danaloeschradio.com/the-real-story-of-the-bundy-ranch/

Video:

Not a huge Alex Jones fan, but this is an interview with Cliven Bundy:

I believe this is about the best information you're going to see on the subject:

Nevada is over 90% federal land.

When the state was carved out right at the end of the civil war, Lincoln, (the worst constitutional president in our history prior to the current one) made sure that all the states entering would bow down to the the fed and our state constitution and the great amount of federal land reflects that.

Since most of the state is desert, ranchers have always had to use tremendous acreage to feed cattle here. Our state was brought into the union around 1865. Prior to that, and after that, up till 1934 ranchers had legal free reign to graze cattle with no restrictions. This was called forage rights.

In the 1930's the ranchers had arguments between themselves regarding territories. So a few of the larger ones got together and asked the fed if they could hire them, by paying minimal fees to "manage" the land and break it out into sections. This was made into the Taylor Grazing Act of 1934.

The fees are minimal. $1.74 per cow & calf per month. Ranchers had no problem paying that just to have disagreements settled.

Ranchers were also required to secure water rights and maintain and make improvements on the land. Mr. Bundy and his predecessors have always done that. No one is arguing that fact.

Bundy's ranch was established in 1877. His family purchased it later, in the 1880's. But when they did, they had to PAY for the water and forage rights.

After the 1934 act they continued to pay grazing fees and make improvements up until the 1990's. Somewhere along the way the Bureau of Land Management was created. I don't know what year.

Around 1990 or so they told him that he could no longer graze more than 150 of his 600 or so head of cattle there. He told them to pound sand and kept paying his fees and grazing his cattle.

Around 1994 they told him he could only graze them in the summer, fall and winter and said it was so that the cattle didn't disturb the Desert Tortoise. (more on that later)

He told them that they were HIRED by the Taylor Grazing act to MANAGE the land for the ranchers. So he FIRED them and started paying his fees to to the state of Nevada. Soon they didn't know where to put it so they quit taking payments.

Meanwhile they came at him from another angle. When they saw they weren't going to be able to force him off the land the BLM SOLD the rights to the land to the state of Nevada under the condition that the state RETIRE the grazing rights permanently. Nevada legislators, being idiots, did their bidding. That was around 1996 or so.

But the state left him alone and let him forage all those years.

A few years ago, due to Agenda 21, Ranchers around the nation were being shut down and either bought out (with a program that paid them a lump sum of YOUR taxpayer funds in exchange for quitting ranching.

A lot of them did. The program was touted as "optional" but they intimidated the ranchers with lawsuits ranging from environmental concerns to water concerns to endangered species.

Before all this there were 50 ranchers in Clark County Nevada. Now there is one. Cliven Bundy.

For 20 years they tried to remove another rancher, Mr Hage, from a neighboring county. The sheriff of that county came to his aid and told the feds to screw off. They threatened the sheriff with a swat team and he told them to bring it on, he had his own swat team. The feds screwed up with Mr Hage though. They made it a water rights issue and after 20 years, about a year after he died, they lost in court.

Now they don't play the water rights card anymore because it is too cut and dry. They now play the environmental card because they can make up the rules and change them whenever they like.

This is what they have done with Bundy. Everytime he gets where he can win, they change the laws and he loses in court. So now it is about the Desert Tortoise. This is an animal the BLM had a habitat for, but when they ran out of money to run the habitat they slaughtered 1800 of them. Miraculously they now claim they have mysteriously found 3 million dollars that they are paying to round up and steal Bundy's cattle. They are paying the slimy for hire private cowboys 1 million of that.

So now they have a court order to take his cattle and auction them.

The sheriffs of nearby counties have stated that they will stop them along the way and make them produce a signed agreement from Bundy or they will confiscate the cattle and give them back. That only leaves them one route out, straight down through Clark County to Arizona or California. I believe they are already auctioning off any of the ones they found that were not branded even though it is common knowledge they are his because he is the only rancher there. There isn't much the sheriffs can do about that.

When this happened in neighboring counties and in other states the sheriffs backed the ranchers up. Our Sheriff is a spineless puss of a half-man and refuses to get involved. I assume the only way he will get involved is if he hears the BLM rangers shooting civilians and sends his guys up to help out of jealousy of all the fun they are having. We have the most corrupt and worthless police department in the country.

To make matters worse, I spoke to the lesser of two evils running for Sheriff this time around yesterday at a luncheon and asked him why they weren't helping. He answered that from his understanding Bundy was just a guy who wouldn't pay his fees and he didn't think they should get involved. He knew nothing of the Taylor Grazing act or any of the history of Bundy's rights to graze. Great, replacing a worthless bag of skin for sheriff with another worthless bag of skin. We can't win.

So now they are using helicopters to round up his cattle and try to take them to auction. He claims he has about 500 head, they say 900. Probably because they don't know that the Taylor Grazing act counts a cow and a calf as one head. They are stressing the cattle and some of them are dying in the chase. That is why they brought in backhoes and dump trucks.

The people in the video above were trying to block them on private land before they got to public lands and were tazed and thrown to the ground.

The BLM has set up "free speech zones" for people to protest. Two 50x50 pig pens for them to stand in. But they can only use one of them at a time.

Bundy's son was arrested day before yesterday when he pulled over on a STATE road where he could see the valley and take pictures of the way they were treating the cattle.

They threw him down to the ground, ground his head in the dirt with their boots, and took him to Henderson jail, then to the federal building. Eventually they gave him a ticket for protesting outside the "free speech zone" and "resisting arrest". They let him go 80 miles away in Las Vegas with no money. He had a credit card which he used to trade some gas at a gas station for use of a lady's cell phone, to get someone to pick him up.

Yesterday they arrested a few more protesters for being outside the "free speech zone".

Militias from all over the nation are being called up to come to Nevada. People are flying and driving in from everywhere. This is the first time in our history where men from all over the country have been willing to come together to fight against the federal government. If this had happened at Waco, our entire country would be different today.

Politicians are afraid to say much. The republicans don't want to say anything because he lost in federal court and that's all that matters to those scumbags. The Democrats don't care so much about the courts as they lavish in the idea that a fat rich rancher and destroyer of the environment is getting what he deserves.

The libertarians are all that's left. And he has a LOT of support from Sheriffs and Oath Keepers. (other than our bag of skin)

The bottom line is the Feds want all ranching stopped. They are doing it on federal lands first, then will do it on private lands based on the new definitions in the clean water act. It's an Agenda 21 implementation. It wouldn't matter if he paid fees from here to kingdom come, they want him shut down and they will try any angle they can. He stated that after reading their plans to retire all the land for grazing he refused to finance his own demise by giving them fees. I'm with him 100%. And apparently so are thousands of others willing to come here.

/Roger

While we are in a beef shortage, this administration came up with this debacle. Par for the course.

This whole situation just seems par for the course when dealing with the government. Taking peoples rights away under false pretense for profit. Hopefully the revealing of the truth of the situation will raise enough outrage that many of these BS BLM closures, rules and restrictions will be scrutinized harder in the future.

The government doesn't want you on their land, pretty much everything around my house was open and had cattle grazing on it 20 years ago. Cattle are bad for the environment and the water, the ranchers lost their grazing rights and when the original old rancher down the road from me got to old to run his diminished ranch by himself he couldn't afford to hire help and his grandsons couldn't build any housing for themselves due to "wetlands" that did not exist when the rancher was allowed to keep the brush cleared and the creek flowing. The USFS basically starved him out, when he died the relatives were not allowed to build any more homes because of environmental concerns. The whole ranch is now forest service land and choked with brush and closed signs, they even removed his house and barn. 150 years of history gone. Old Mr. Hook never liked the government because he thought they were after his land, turns out he was right.

Want more stories? Look around, Noble Canyon mines, Hauser canyon swimming holes, Sheepshead jeep roads, Kitchen creek waterfalls and campgrounds, Thing valley and all the roads off of that, Canebrake jeep road to the desert, most of Laguna, on and on and on...

This has everything to do with corruption and money and nothing to do with cattle and turtles...

http://godfatherpolitics.com/15161/harry-reid-sons-solar-power-scheme-connected-bundy-ranch-standoff/

One of the companies interested in building a solar plant on BLM-controlled land is the Chinese firm ENN Energy Group, which wants to build a $5 billion solar facility in the Nevada desert near Laughlin. ENN is represented by lawyer Rory Reid, Sen. Harry Reid's son. The Chinese firm also wants to build on a 9,000-acre plot in Clark County, where rancher Cliven Bundy is holding off the BLM, and where Rory Reid used to be the chairman of the County Commission.

According to Reuters, the County Commission voted to sell ENN the public plot of land for $4.5 million, a fraction of its appraised value of $38.6 million.

Majority Leader Sen. Harry Reid has been one of ENN's most prominent supporters. According to Reuters, he recruited the company for the project during a trip to China in 2011. Reuters also reports that Reid has tried to pressure the state's largest power company, NV Energy, to become ENN's first customer.

Sen. Reid has had other links to dubious power projects, including Amonix, a company with no record of success that received huge tax breaks then collapsed. There was also Nevada Geothermal, which received $98 million in federal loan guarantees but in a recent filing with the SEC revealed that it is undergoing substantial problems that threaten its ability to continue as a company.

Both Reids have denied ever discussing the ENN project or working together in any way on it, but the paper trails suggest otherwise.

Damn, I get nailed to the cross and labeled "anti LEO" every time I expose the BLM contempt towards the people. Glad others are seeing the light.

I want to DO something. How do we stop this? There are so many more of us than them yet they continue to commit blatant acts of ridiculousness using OUR money. What can I do??

News this A.M. said in the interest of officer and public safety the BLM etc backed down. Cows back on the range , everybody going home.

I guess armed protest can work.

Spaugh, I don't believe this is anti Law Enforcement, as I think most people with a sound mind know the guys on the ground are just doing their jobs. Sure some of them got outa hand, but so did the protesters. This issue is a government agency using false information and lies (Desert Tortoise / Sage Grouse) to screw people over, and it's been happening for decades and ONLY due to the internet was this all possible. The Bundy family (the younger ones) understand the power of the internet and how to get the word out. Things like this have been going on a long time but no one has heard about it.

This just happens to be one of those things that I'm incredibly passionate about as I've seen this all first one when I was working on the ranch in my younger years in the state of Nevada. My first hand experiences working for Cliff Gardener of Ruby Valley in Elko County, Wane Hage of Tonopah in Nye County, and Cliven Bundy of Bunkersville in Clark County NC have really opened my eyes to the insane corruption going on every day in our government and I'm glad the public finally made a stand.

The next biggest issue is gonna be the Sage Grouse which I mentioned before. The environmentalist are going to pressure the BLM (again) and threaten lawsuits (again) and it will be just the same thing we saw in Bunkerville.

Harry Reid and his son Rory being involved with a Chinese energy firm that wants that land just makes this so much worse. Corruption at every level. Selling that land for $5 million when it's valued at $38 million.

Think about that, the government wants to sell you PUBLIC land to a CHINESE company...

This is not over, the BLM has just 'backed off' for the moment...It's going to get worse, sadly. People that are hard working folks are sick and tired of getting screwed by the goverment over a pack of lies.

Had I not had a prior commitment that I could not get out of I would have been out there myself this last weekend. Wish I could have made it.

Why Clive Bundy isn't WRONG.

There have been a lot of people criticizing Clive Bundy because he did not pay his grazing fees for 20 years. The public is also probably wondering why so many other cowboys are supporting Mr. Bundy even though they paid their fees and Clive did not. What you people probably do not realize is that on every rancher's grazing permit it says the following: "You are authorized to make grazing use of the lands, under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management and covered by this grazing permit, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this grazing permit and payment of grazing fees when due." The "mandatory" terms and conditions go on to list the allotment, the number and kind of livestock to be grazed, when the permit begins and ends, the number of active or suspended AUMs (animal units per month), etc. The terms and conditions also list specific requirements such as where salt or mineral supplements can be located, maximum allowable use of forage levels (40% of annual growth), etc., and include a lot more stringent policies that must be adhered to. Every rancher must sign this "contract" agreeing to abide by the TERMS AND CONDITIONS before he or she can make payment. In the early 90s, the BLM went on a frenzy and drastically cut almost every rancher's permit because of this desert tortoise issue, even though all of us ranchers knew that cow and desert tortoise had co-existed for a hundred+ years. As an example, a family friend had his permit cut by 90%.

For those of you who are non ranchers, that would be equated to getting your paycheck cut 90%. In 1976 there were approximately 52 ranching permittees in this area of Nevada. Presently, there are 3. Most of these people lost their livelihoods because of the actions of the BLM. Clive Bundy was one of these people who received extremely unfair and unreasonable TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Keep in mind that Mr. Bundy was required to sign this contract before he was allowed to pay. Had Clive signed on the dotted line, he would have, in essence, signed his very livelihood away. And so Mr. Bundy took a stand, not only for himself, but for all of us. He refused to be destroyed by a tyrannical federal entity and to have his American liberties and freedoms taken away. Also keep in mind that all ranchers financially paid dearly for the forage rights those permits allow - - not rights to the land, but rights to use the forage that grows on that land. Many of these AUMS are water based, meaning that the rancher also has a vested right (state owned, not federal) to the waters that adjoin the lands and allow the livestock to drink. These water rights were also purchased at a great price. If a rancher cannot show beneficial use of the water (he must have the appropriate number of livestock that drinks and uses that water), then he loses that water right. Usually water rights and forage rights go hand in hand. Contrary to what the BLM is telling you, they NEVER compensate a rancher for the AUMs they take away. Most times, they tell ranchers that their AUMS are "suspended," but not removed. Unfortunately, my family has thousands of "suspended" AUMs that will probably never be returned. And so, even though these ranchers throughout the course of a hundred years invested thousands(and perhaps millions) of dollars and sacrificed along the way to obtain these rights through purchase from others, at a whim the government can take everything away with the stroke of a pen. This is the very thing that Clive Bundy single-handedly took a stand against. Thank you, Clive, from a rancher who considers you a hero.

-Kena Lytle Gloeckner

News this A.M. said in the interest of officer and public safety the BLM etc backed down. Cows back on the range , everybody going home.

I guess armed protest can work.

The governor FINALLY stepped in and said enough is enough. He had jurisdiction the entire time and waiting far too long to do something about it.

Maybe he realized 2000 potentially armed citizens staring down 300 BLM personnel was a recipe for disaster (Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc)

I feel badly for all those BLM employees, their government is putting them in harms way for NO reason.

Wow, I just saw that the BLM got the FAA to issue a TFR for the Bunkerville area for a MONTH.

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_1687.html

This means is that you cannot operate and aircraft in a 3 mile radius of Bunkerville NV, up to 3000 ft, for the next month.

Why would they do this you ask? So no civilian could get up in an aircraft and look down on what the BLM was doing.

Un f*cking believable...

Funny how one of the biggest arguments of anti gun control advocates was the issue of citizens having the right to bear arms against a corrupt government. I am glad people had the sense to stop this before things got out of hand. To many corrupt players in this. I am also glad to see the masses come to the defense of citizens rights. The fact that many of the citizens were legally carrying weapons was what swayed this conflict. I also feel sorry for the officers who are put in this situation(wrongly) that would have to make a decision to fire on honest people.

Wow, I just saw that the BLM got the FAA to issue a TFR for the Bunkerville area for a MONTH.

This means is that you cannot operate and aircraft in a 3 mile radius of Bunkerville NV, up to 3000 ft, for the next month.

Why would they do this you ask? So no civilian could get up in an aircraft and look down on what the BLM was doing.

Un f*cking believable...

That way people cannot see the forces being amassed. Cannot see that they are still rounding up his cattle. News agency wont be able to broadcast the truth!

Un f*cking believable...

That way people cannot see the forces being amassed. Cannot see that they are still rounding up his cattle. News agency wont be able to broadcast the truth!

Not to interject where I'm not invited, but I would think if the no fly zone is for 3000ft and under it's to keep news choppers and private aircraft from getting in the way of operations. I'm guessing it's pretty easy to see BLM operations from 3,001 feet up.

Not to interject where I'm not invited, but I would think if the no fly zone is for 3000ft and under it's to keep news choppers and private aircraft from getting in the way of operations. I'm guessing it's pretty easy to see BLM operations from 3,001 feet up.

Interesting comment "not invited". Forum is open to anyone. A pilot would not interfere with there operations to begin with as they would loose their license. So why the no fly zone?