kkug

K.O.R.E. Mystery Tour #2

"I found myself in a familiar position " Fabless, you hit on a major reason why many of us are out in the wilderness, challenging the forces of nature.

The taller the mountain, the greater the reward. Thanks for hauling you SLR and lens to capture the scenes.

​ P.S. the tendinitis in my left arm is still hurting!

SandBagger

Curtis you are taking some awesome pictures, really capturing the moment out there...

I think you will have better results with a knobby on that beast

Or a new 350......

"Oh, before I forget, I did read one good comparison this month. The one about the mid size and full size versions of the same model. I loved the conclusion, it is just so American. I went something like this; We like lots about the mid size bike, but well, the bigger one is bigger, bigger is better. That I can relate to! While not always correct, don’t we all gravitate towards bigger?"

Chilly

Or a new 350......

Postscript:

Fuel Filter Mod

In stock form the inline filter sits inside the fuel tank. This makes replacement difficult.

The barbless inline filter I was using was recommended on ktm690.info, http://ktm690.info/index.php/Fuel_Pump_R_%26_R_-_Uller

I replaced that lousy filter with a WIX 33095 filter rated for fuel injection and 11 microns:

i-rz6HDWn-L.jpg

I also relocated the filter outside of the tank, leaving enough slack so that the hose clamps can be accessed:

i-mHnSTSQ-L.jpg

Here it is, installed:

i-cr65GDL-L.jpg

Strega's Towing Configuration

Here's an excerpt from our Utah ride report which you can find here: http://www.dualsportmoto.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=649

i-2BxWBn4-L.jpg

The pieces:

• 2 soft ties

• 3 carabiners

• Figure 8

• 6' of 11mm climbing rope (Yes, it needs to be 11mm, we tested 6, 8, 10, 11, & 12)

• At least 15' of Flat Wound rope. (Much less stretching that regular rope)

The procedure:

• Attach 1 soft tie to each fork tube above the lower clamp

• Connect 1 carabiner to each soft tie. 2 are used to keep the figure 8 flat.

• Connect the figure 8 to the 2 carabiners using the small end

• Take your 6', 11mm rope and tie a figure 8 in 1 end

• Using the opposite end, thread it through the figure 8 leaving about 6" of rope prior to the knot ahead of the figure 8

• Take the same end (w/o knot) up to the riders hand on the left or right hand depending how you ran the rope

• Tie a knot in the end of your flat round tow rope, and connect it to the 11mm rope with a 3rd carabiner

Here's the setup in action (photo by CiD)

P1010958.jpg?t=1350516581

-Fabless

Postscript:

Here's the setup in action (photo by CiD)

P1010958.jpg?t=1350516581

-Fabless

Bet Paul is glad that he will not be in the above..... "all too familiar" form any longer.

Ran into Leif down in Los Barriles Baja Sur last week. He spend the night, then was heading down to Cabo and back up to La Paz to catch the ferry to Mazatlan. I left him eating breakfast as I had a fishing boat to catch. He might come back thru SD in another week.

P1040088_zpsa35954be.jpg

Also saw Vagabundo, but he didn't stop for long and I didn't get a chance to talk with him.

P1040086_zps496bc941.jpg

CiD

I stopped to say hi to you guys and talked to a few of you before you all left. I was on my GS with my dad out there for the day. I was mesmerized by all the gear and bikes and thinking of how much fun you all were going to have. Glad it was a good trip.

Sweet...love Anza Borrego...would love to go on the next one.