mtnmanseth

Motoventures "Advanced" dirt bike class for a Group?

Hi All,

I feel like I've "stalled out" when it comes to improving my technical riding. I rode a lot of steep, gnarly, technical singletrack in Montana and have spent the last several months exploring the canyons and steeps of Corral Canyon and Ocotillo, and now feel ready to take a formal class/training to improve a few relatively advanced enduro/MX-specific techniques that still make me very nervous... mainly wheelies, "seat bumping", log crossing, clutch feathering during steep hairpin turns, and jumping!

I've read a few posts from folks who enjoyed Motoventures courses (with Gary) and am interested in doing the same, but thinking a group of us would be a fun day out, and may save some significant $$$. Here's a link to the Motoventures site. I'm thinking about the Level 3 class and will bring my GasGas. Anyone else interested?

http://www.motoventures.com/training-options-and-prices

I would like to schedule something for early to mid April, before it gets too hot and will need firm commitment on a date (or two) to (potentially) negotiate a group rate. Thoughts?

Cheers

If it matters...only day that's a hard out for me in early April is the 12th. Weekdays work also, actually preferred...if it matters.

ive done the advanced class gary is a good instructor and very analytical from his pro test rider days. his school is well worth going to y'all. mine was one on one with gary, good guy easy to understand and good comm skills.

I'm very interested and almost signed up for his class on the 14th but went riding in the Sierras instead. I can't do early April, I'll be in Florida for thee next 2-3 weeks. If it becomes late April for the class, I'm in.

I could be tempted by this, also prefer weekdays but first week in April I'm away, week of April 7th or 14th could be good though, I would probably just bring my 300XC.

I'm also gone until the 10 of April. So it looks like a mid to late April date would work for most.

CiD

I'm definitely interested. I want to handle this beast better in sand, etc.

Late April would be good for me, too.

And I would be interested in the Level 2 course (using their bikes vs. my new Katoom):

2) Level 2: Skills Builder For beginners to advanced off-road riders, dual sport riders, street bike riders

Cost: Our bike: $300 Your bike: $195

MotoVentures Level 2: Skills Builder off-road motorcycle rider training course is our most popular training course and designed to take your existing riding skills to the next level. If you’re a coordinated adult beginner and already skilled at driving trucks, riding quads, or riding mountain bikes this is also the course for you. This 6-1/2 hour course offers many challenging exercises conducted on a variety of terrain where students will learn and practice technical skills for improved performance in the dirt, while street bike riders will improve overall handling skills and boost their confidence for riding in both the street and dirt. Everyone will benefit from learning to select the best line to applying the right techniques for the best results. With our expert motorcycle coaching you will build and memorize your skills with exercises like pro-active body positioning, advanced turning and braking techniques, climbing and descending difficult hills, maneuvering through ruts, sand, and over difficult obstacles, improving visual and mental habits, terrain reading, and much more. This class establishes all the key techniques needed before taking a Level 3 course, our most advanced dirt bike training level. Level 2 courses offered every week.

Dual Sport and Adventure Bike Riders:

MotoVentures Level 2 Skills Builder is also the class for you. Dual sport bikes tend to fall into two classes; 80/20 bikes meaning they are 80% (maybe even 90%) street bike and only 20% dirt bike. You can also go the other way and ride a 20/80 bike that is barely street legal and used primarily on the trails.

For our Level 2 class you can bring your own bike, but if it’s a big adventure bike, usually with engines 650cc or larger, you should strongly consider parking it for a day and ride one of our smaller, lighter, friendlier dirt bikes. You will learn more, learn it faster, and you don’t have to worry about crashing it and picking it up after.

The simple truth is the skills you can develop on a small dirt bike are the skills you need to ride an adventure bike well. Dirt bikes are smaller, lighter, and easier to repair. Following training on one your riding abilities will be greater than what a big bike can handle, so the key (secret formula) to riding them well is by understanding its limits and staying within them. So ride that big bike out and join us for a day or two of Level 2 training on one of our little friendly dirt bikes.

Okay, sounds like we have 5 firms + 2-3 maybes... I'll contact MotoVentures as soon as possible to check into a group price for us toward the end of April. I'll post information here + create a private message group...

Wheelie time!

Can you add me to the "maybe" list also? I've been considering taking one of their classes for a couple of years now, and the timing might just work for me.

I did this class a few years ago. His place is an awesome piece of land...

Highly recommended... I'm thinking about doing the Escondido BMW big bike training there...

This sounds really cool. I've been wanting to do this for a while.

Zancat

UPDATE: Received a positive response from Gary @ MotoVentures about this. PM sent to all those interested with details. Tentatively scheduling for Friday, April 18th or Friday, April 25th...

UPDATE: Received a positive response from Gary @ MotoVentures about this. PM sent to all those interested with details. Tentatively scheduling for Friday, April 18th or Friday, April 25th..

If it works out that the 25th is the date, I'd like to throw my name in the hat.

Done a few of Gary's classes, always great! always learning something new ;)

Done a few of Gary's classes, always great! always learning something new ;)

Wellllll......

Ok, I guess.