Photo

Body found burning in Alpine! What's the story with that?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 hoss314

hoss314

Contributing SDAR member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1536 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

weird....one of the notifications that showed up on my phone over the weekend said burning man was on or near a motorcycle.

Mike
12' KTM 500 EXC
05.5' KTM 950 Adventure S

In the trailer fun bikes:
03' 400EX
03' 250EX
86' Honda Rancher
06' Eaton 90

You cannot be anything....if you want to be everything
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark.

#17 robertaccio

robertaccio

2014 TE300 Husqvarna (Ride,Race)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2976 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

I thought burning man was out in Nevada's Black Rock Desert around labor day. 

Robert Nantista
AMA Life Member
2014 Husqvarna TE300 (Ride, Race, Fun)  

#18 hoss314

hoss314

Contributing SDAR member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1536 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

well....I was in the desert when i received the notification

Mike
12' KTM 500 EXC
05.5' KTM 950 Adventure S

In the trailer fun bikes:
03' 400EX
03' 250EX
86' Honda Rancher
06' Eaton 90

You cannot be anything....if you want to be everything
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark.

#19 Dan Diego

Dan Diego

Are You Impressed ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

I thought burning man was out in Nevada's Black Rock Desert around labor day. 

You beat me to it!

You, sir, are a sick puppy.

2009 Triumph Rocket III Touring
2010 KTM 990 Adventure

When I finished high school, I wanted to take all my graduation money and buy myself a motorcycle. But my mom said no.

See, she had a brother who died in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was 18. And I could just have his motorcycle.

#20 hobiee

hobiee

Hobiee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1278 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

I Just don't feel like listing the new ones
08 450 exc-r
07 450 xc fully street legal
06 250 sx-f track work
05 crf 250 Sold and thank god its gone
04 250 exc-f Ktm mommas' ride dual-sport
1985 ty 350 trials tank
1969 ct-1 175 plated
1968 ct70 trail plated
FORMER AMA lifetime member

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body. But rather it is to come sliding in sideways totally worn out shouting 'Holy ----, what a ride.'

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still
be stationery.

#21 tvscum

tvscum

Impressive Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

Here are the victim's facebook pages... looks like she hangs with a motorcycle club.

https://www.facebook...kim.hayes.10485

https://www.facebook.com/WAKETOOL

SUBJECT: Homicide Investigation -Update 

DATE/TIME: March 9, 2014 4:55 a.m. 

VICTIM: Kimberly Renee Hayes 

The following information is fragmentary and has not been completely verified. It is 
based, in part, on hearsay and is intended for early information use rather than being a 
formal investigative report. 

On March 9, 2014, at about 4:55 a.m., deputies from the Alpine Substation received a radio call to investigate a 
report of a body on fire on a dirt road off Sequan Truck Trail, in the community of Alpine. Deputies arrived on 
scene and found the body was still smoldering in the road. The body had been found and reported by an 
employee of the Sweetwater Authority. 

The victim has been identified as Kimberly Renee Hayes (4/5/1978). Ms. Hayes was a resident of Lakeside. 
Her death has been determined by the Medical Examiner's Office to be a homicide. 

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Homicide Detail at (858) 974-
2321/after hours at (858) 565-5200. You can remain anonymous and be eligible for up to a 
$1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Call Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477. 

Prepared by: Glenn Giannantonio, Lieutenant 
Homicide Detail (858) 974-2321 

2012 Triumph Scrambler
1997 Honda XR440 (plated)
'86 Yamaha XT350
'84 Honda XL600
'83 Honda XR500

I hear they started making water-cooled engines!

#22 Boston Mangler

Boston Mangler

Impressive Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Very Interesting Facebook pages...  Looks like she just got out of jail and is associated with the HA's  

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

2014 KTM EXC 500 To Flog It

2011 BMW 1200GS Adventure To Find It

2012 YZ450F To Get It

Facebook ID: YUT UGHH 

#23 tvscum

tvscum

Impressive Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

UT San Diego :

ALPINE The father of the woman whose smoldering body was found in Alpine Sunday morning said she lived a troubled life and had gotten out of jail six days before she was killed.

A Sweetwater Authority employee found the remains of Kimberly Renee Hayes, 35 of Lakeside, on a dirt road near Sequan Truck Trail about 4:55 a.m., said sheriffs homicide Lt. Glenn Giannantonio.

Harvey Hayes, 77, of Clovis, near Fresno, said his daughter had little contact with him, and when she did, it was usually to ask for money. He said she was in jail from Feb. 21 to Mar. 3. He didnt know what she was in jail for.

I knew she was in some trouble in San Diego, but she didnt deserve what she got, Hayes said. She was still my baby.

He said his daughter loved water skiing and motorcycle riding.

Hayes Facebook page shows a photograph of a warrant for her arrest, issued Jan. 2, with bail set at $5,000. Other postings included photos of guns and of a swastika tattoo on her chest.

Her father said her 14-year-old daughter came to live with him several years ago because Hayes worked long hours as an EMT for Scripps Hospital Emergency Room.

A wrist injury and subsequent surgeries put her out of work, he said.

She was also survived by her mother and a brother who live in Clovis.

Anyone with information about the incident can call the homicide detail at (858) 974-2321 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477. Tipsters may be eligible for a $1,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest.

2012 Triumph Scrambler
'86 Yamaha XT350
'84 Honda XL600
'83 Honda XR500

#24 downs

downs

Impressive Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

Looks like she may have left a little girl behind :( Hopefully some family steps up to take her and she doens't wind up in the system.

#25 TrophyHunter

TrophyHunter

SDAR Contributing member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5144 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Might still be with G-pa, hopefully.  I was a licensed foster parent for a bit - heartbreaking - but necessary.

Ken

AMA Member
'05 DR650
'13 HD Road King
'03 DRZ-250

Posted Image Posted Image

"it's a small amount of gas but it represents a long walk" C.E.N.

#26 tvscum

tvscum

Impressive Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

UT San Diego: 4 arrested in Alpine slaying knew victim Woman's charred body found on dirt road
By Lyndsay Winkley2:08 p.m.April 22, 2014Updated5:33 p.m.

ALPINE — Four people were arrested last week in connection with the death of a woman whose smoldering body was found in Alpine last month, sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

Kimberly Renee Hayes, 35, of Lakeside, was shot to death in an El Cajon apartment March 8. Her body was dumped on a dirt road near Sequan Truck Trail the next day and set on fire, sheriff's homicide Lt. Glenn Giannantonio said. Her remains were found before dawn that morning by a Sweetwater Authority employee.

On April 18, Jesse Mendoza, 29, was arrested by sheriff's homicide investigators and members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force on suspicion of murder, arson and possession of a firearm silencer. He was arrested at a hotel in El Cajon. He was booked into jail with a $2 million bail.

Matthew Williams, 30, and his girlfriend Lauren Huett, 33, were also arrested that day at another hotel in El Cajon. Huett was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy and accessory. Williams was arrested on suspicion of murder, according to jail records. His bail was set at $1 million.

The next day, Jennifer Stein, 31, Mendoza's girlfriend, was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy and accessory as well.

All four lived in El Cajon. They were friends with Hayes and the five may have been staying in the apartment where she was killed, Giannantonio said.

Investigators believe the killing was connected to Hayes' attempt to gain custody of Stein and Mendoza's newborn child.

Hayes' father - Harvey Hayes, 77, of Clovis - said his daughter lived a troubled life and had gotten out of jail six days before she was killed. He also said her 14-year-old daughter came to live with him several years ago because Hayes worked long hours as an EMT for Scripps Hospital Emergency Room. A wrist injury and subsequent surgeries put her out of work, he said.

She was also survived by her mother and a brother who live in Clovis.

2012 Triumph Scrambler
'86 Yamaha XT350
'84 Honda XL600
'83 Honda XR500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users