Dan Diego

Body found burning in Alpine! What's the story with that?

I have an alibi! Wait! Kenny and Ozzy took off, then we heard from Kenny...but Ozzy has been silent....Ozzy...are you still with us

I'm calling the Sheriff...

One of the news stories I read stated that the "person" was on a motorcycle.......

OK- guys...stop being so melodramatic...technically the body was not on fir...it was "smoldering"...big difference

I hadn't heard the motorcycle angle before now

It'll be interesting to see Cause of Death, assuming the fire was a cover-up...I know all about these things; I watch Law and Order

Yeah but do you watch the comedy show "The Devils Ride"? Maybe they lost a cast member....

Couldn't open the original link because it asked to download an app....I don't do apps.

You can just click the "no thank you" at the bottom and it will take you to the story.. no app download required...

Couldn't open the original link because it asked to download an app....I don't do apps.

Here's the info from the link:

San Diego County Sheriff’s Department

Homicide Detail

Media Information

SUBJECT: Death Investigation

DATE/TIME: March 9, 2014 4:55 a.m.

VICTIM: Unknown

The following information is fragmentary and has not been completely verified. It is based, in part, on hearsay and is intended for early information use rather than being a formal investigative report.

On March 9, 2014, at about 4:55 a.m., deputies from the Alpine Substation received a radio call to investigate a report of a body on fire on a dirt road off Sequan Truck Trail, in the community of Alpine. Deputies arrived on scene and found the body was still smoldering in the road. The body had been found and reported by an employee of the Sweetwater Authority.

The Sheriff's Homicide Detail, Bomb Arson, and Crime Laboratory personnel are on scene conducting the investigation.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Homicide Detail at (858) 974-2321/after hours at (858) 565-5200. You can remain anonymous and be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Call Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.

Prepared by: Glenn Giannantonio, Lieutenant

Homicide Detail (858) 974-2321

Body was found behind a locked gate by a Sweetwater Water Authority employee, according to the KNSD video reports above, so it's not likely a motorcycle was involved. It's the first dirt road you see after turning off Japatul Rd. onto Sequan TT. Not sure why one would dump a body by dragging it under -- or through -- a locked gate that appears to be a substantial gate with a bottom bar. The gated, dirt road is listed as Forest Rte. 16Sd1 on Google maps.

Image2_zpsc5fe8cd2.jpg

weird....one of the notifications that showed up on my phone over the weekend said burning man was on or near a motorcycle.

I thought burning man was out in Nevada's Black Rock Desert around labor day.

well....I was in the desert when i received the notification

I thought burning man was out in Nevada's Black Rock Desert around labor day.

You beat me to it!

You, sir, are a sick puppy.

Here are the victim's facebook pages... looks like she hangs with a motorcycle club.

https://www.facebook.com/kim.hayes.10485

https://www.facebook.com/WAKETOOL

SUBJECT: Homicide Investigation -Update
DATE/TIME: March 9, 2014 4:55 a.m.
VICTIM: Kimberly Renee Hayes
The following information is fragmentary and has not been completely verified. It is
based, in part, on hearsay and is intended for early information use rather than being a
formal investigative report.
On March 9, 2014, at about 4:55 a.m., deputies from the Alpine Substation received a radio call to investigate a
report of a body on fire on a dirt road off Sequan Truck Trail, in the community of Alpine. Deputies arrived on
scene and found the body was still smoldering in the road. The body had been found and reported by an
employee of the Sweetwater Authority.
The victim has been identified as Kimberly Renee Hayes (4/5/1978). Ms. Hayes was a resident of Lakeside.
Her death has been determined by the Medical Examiner's Office to be a homicide.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Homicide Detail at (858) 974-
2321/after hours at (858) 565-5200. You can remain anonymous and be eligible for up to a
$1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Call Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
Prepared by: Glenn Giannantonio, Lieutenant
Homicide Detail (858) 974-2321

UT San Diego :

ALPINE The father of the woman whose smoldering body was found in Alpine Sunday morning said she lived a troubled life and had gotten out of jail six days before she was killed.

A Sweetwater Authority employee found the remains of Kimberly Renee Hayes, 35 of Lakeside, on a dirt road near Sequan Truck Trail about 4:55 a.m., said sheriffs homicide Lt. Glenn Giannantonio.

Harvey Hayes, 77, of Clovis, near Fresno, said his daughter had little contact with him, and when she did, it was usually to ask for money. He said she was in jail from Feb. 21 to Mar. 3. He didnt know what she was in jail for.

I knew she was in some trouble in San Diego, but she didnt deserve what she got, Hayes said. She was still my baby.

He said his daughter loved water skiing and motorcycle riding.

Hayes Facebook page shows a photograph of a warrant for her arrest, issued Jan. 2, with bail set at $5,000. Other postings included photos of guns and of a swastika tattoo on her chest.

Her father said her 14-year-old daughter came to live with him several years ago because Hayes worked long hours as an EMT for Scripps Hospital Emergency Room.

A wrist injury and subsequent surgeries put her out of work, he said.

She was also survived by her mother and a brother who live in Clovis.

Anyone with information about the incident can call the homicide detail at (858) 974-2321 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477. Tipsters may be eligible for a $1,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest.

Looks like she may have left a little girl behind :( Hopefully some family steps up to take her and she doens't wind up in the system.

Might still be with G-pa, hopefully. I was a licensed foster parent for a bit - heartbreaking - but necessary.