Sign in to follow this  
wallycycle

Ramona Area (North) Trails Info Request

Hi,

I would like to explore the trails North of Ramona. A few questions;

1. Difficulty rating of: Lusardi, Black Mountain, Santa Ysabel, Black Canyon South of Sutherland, Guejito TT

2. I see from google maps that Lusardi and Black Mountain run into Mesa TT at the Northern end. Is there access to Mesa TT or is it gated because of the Indian Reservation?

3. Any intel and other trail suggestions in the area, routing directions etc... greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Hi,

I would like to explore the trails North of Ramona. A few questions;

1. Difficulty rating of: Lusardi, Black Mountain, Santa Ysabel, Black Canyon South of Sutherland, Guejito TT

Lusardi - easy dead end after ~4 miles (locked gate)

Magnolia/Black Mtn/Black canyon - VERY easy...Dirt interstates

Santa Isabel - intermediate - some waterbars/ruts

Guejito - CLOSED

2. I see from google maps that Lusardi and Black Mountain run into Mesa TT at the Northern end. Is there access to Mesa TT or is it gated because of the Indian Reservation?

Lusardi is gated/closed. Black Mtn Rd. will run you over to Mesa Grande (paved road)

3. Any intel and other trail suggestions in the area, routing directions etc... greatly appreciated.

I'm going to arrange an informal CORE Dualsport ride hosted by All American KTM in Ramona sometime this Spring.......we'll meet at the shop around 8ish........the shop will provide free donuts & coffee, free bike inspection from AAKTM staff, and we'll roll out with various Dualsport and Adventure options around 9ish...........just some short loops in the local area......there's not a lot out there without some significant pavement transits

thank you.

Rode the black mountain last night in the dark. just pure fun. Next i will take the GSA1150 up there and see how any time I have to pick her up. :thumbsup_anim:

Black Canyon is a cakewalk. Nothing up there is particularly difficult, but Black Canyon is a big graded road. You'll find gates blocking your path, everything but Santa Ysabel (Pamo to Black Canyon) and Black Canyon Itself (Magnolia to Mesa Grande) is a dead end.

While most trails up here are gated at some point, it's still worth checking out and getting the shoes dirty.