Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

FIRESTORM PHOTOS - OLD

Starting a new topic for FIRE RELATED photos, since I think there will be a lot to share.

Anticipating a Barrage of photos, there must be some basic rules:

*Please post only your (or friend's) photos from CURRENT Fires.

*No photos from other websites, unless they you feel the need to share it and fit the other criteria here.

*For photos from the CURRENT firestorm in SAN DIEGO COUNTY.

*Links to other photo websites / photos are OK.

THANKS.

I live right at the base of El Capitan mountain. I cant believe how slow the fire moved towards us, I know that was not the case for most of you out there. I first saw flames from our house tuesday night. They continued to creep closer for the next two days before being attacked by 2 helocopters and many firemen on the ground. Ground Crews climbed up the mountain and worked at putting out hot spots all night after the helocopters did all they could. Had it all out by Thursday morning. Thank you to all of the hard working guys and girls who are still working on these fires.

8PM on Tues

4-1.jpg

2:30PM on Wed

1-2.jpg

7PM on Wed

2-2.jpg

12:15AM Thurs

3-2.jpg

Some pics from a friend of mine.

Wow John your friends pictures are awesome!! Thanks for sharing

most of my shots were damaged infastructure when I had time. like this, Hwy94 W/of 188. Should be open soon!

Firestuff003.jpg

That picture of blue tents was pretty cool, my son's Boy Scout troop spent half of Sunday folding and packing about 50 of them. They were headed for the trash, now every Scout has a tent.

I have a photo but I can't get an option to load an attachment :lol:

Dame,

See here for an explanation.

That should explain it.

Doh!

Well I'll tell ya what it looked like and then you can use your imagination. The whole hillside was burned completely black and barren and at the top was an unscathed house with a rainbow disappearing behind it, in the overcast evening sky. Doesn't that sound ironic?

Dreams to Dust, Old Julian Highway,

215002017-M.jpg

More photos @ ADVrider, Regional Forums, West, Dreams to Dust.

BAGSTR

I wanted to add this photo last year, but didn't have a hosting website for it. I just came across it this evening and loaded into Photobucket.

I took the shot just north of Lake Hodges, about the day they reopened the road to the lake. It had rained and it was a cold, overcast day, when I spotted this burned hillside with a fire spared house at the top and a rainbow in the background.

100_0165.jpg

I had the priviledge and honor to work the fires. From evacuations to looting patrols to bringing people stuck outside the fire their only surviving box of personal belonging...unfortunately accompanied by bad news.

Our office made a compilation CD of photos from inside the fire zone which I can probably get a copy of for whoever wants them. Probably $2-3 a piece. Maybe free, I just have to check.

If anyone is interested, notify me and I'll check into it.

The Navy helicopter crews kicked some serious &%$. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hno-3k1K0qs

Those are KnightHawk helicopters, not Seahawks. My squadrons aircraft (HSC-23) and the reserve squadron's pilots (HSC-85) since they don't traine our guys on the water bucket operation. It was kind of funny to paint big numbers on the side of the aircraft with green water based Crayola paint and a big paintbrush.

The San Marcos fire from my house around noon --scary !

i-QZvQ9BQ-L.jpg