Chris in Wildomar

Sad news ...... fallen member :(

It is with a heavy heart and very saddened mind that I must let you all know that one of ours has passed away pursuing what he loved, truly truly loved doing.

Most of you knew him as SteveDaDevo. The rest as I, knew him as Dana Nesseler.

He went down for a weekend of riding and a night at Mike's, unfortunately he passed away yesterday, Saturday January 25th on the dirt road to the Saw Mill after a freak head on collision with an oncoming vehicle which ended his short but wonderful life. He passed away instantly and did not suffer.

I had the pleasure of his company on several rides into baja with the last one this past October. We shared much about each other and our dreams and love for Baja and riding. Those we rode with always commented on his love of the baja and the ride. He was the most upbeat person on any ride I went on. Hard thing to find these days and something I will treasure forever.

I will let those interested know of any services etc.

Rest in peace my friend, Ride in peace.

I had the pleasure of knowing and riding with Dana. Anyone who knew him will agree that he was a totally cool dude...a true good soul.

Devastating news.

I'm sure more photos will follow, but here are a few. Great memories of a truly great man.

Tacos and Tecate at the Old Sawmill.

Baja%2520ride%2520May2013%2520%252840%2529.jpg

Talking Busa at Mikes.

StevoDaDevo%2520talking%2520Busa%2520at%2520Mikes%2520May2013.jpg

At Mikes bar...

Baja%2520ride%2520May2013%2520%252819%2529.jpg

Dan%2520Dana%2520Sondra%2520Mikes%2520bar.jpgBaja%2520ride%2520May2013%2520%252827%2529.jpg

Baja%2520ride%2520May2013%2520%252825%2529.jpg

Baja%2520ride%2520May2013%2520%252823%2529.jpg

Dinner%2520at%2520Mikes.jpg

Chris, thank you for posting this.

Many SDAR members (including myself) have ridden with Dana in Baja and he definitely had a passion for riding south of the border. I very much enjoyed reading/following his big bike Cabo run where they got 12 flats! Knowing his real name was Dana, the first thing I said to him when we met was "who the F*** is stevodadevo?" - he laughed pretty hard and told me it was the name of his dog! I believe his parents have a place south of San Felipe and he spent much of his moto time riding through Baja.

He was a young and energetic guy, he even let me poke fun at him when he pushed his Husaberg up the hill from the Tecate checkpoint while I motored by. When the dust settles, I would be interested in knowing the location of his crash so we could place some flowers or a sign of remembrance.

Dana is on the right, the picture is taken from his 2013 Cabo run - all smiles.

1531794_10101127265662438_449982028_o.jpg

Ride in Peace Dana

Very heavy heart to hear the news this morning. Dana was a great guy full of energy and always with a smile on his face. He loved riding in Baja and it was a pleasure knowing him. I definitely want the details of the funeral and the spot of the event so we can pay our respects to a great guy.

I don't think I met him, but it's sad to lose another riding enthusiast. Ride in peace, Dana.

Very sorry to hear about Dana, RIP good man.

Sorry I missed your call Chris ...

My sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends. RIP!

I am devastated to hear the sad news.......I really can't wrap my brain around it being true. I just talked to him a couple times last week......we were making ride plans. He was excited about going with the "fast guys" to do single track and Simpson's trail on Sunday.

Dana and I were instant friends from the moment we met. What a stand up guy, he always had a smile on, good stories to share and had my back on the trail. Ride in peace Dana.......

Does anyone know how to get a hold of family or brother up north? I want to attend the funeral and share photos with his family. if so, please contact me,

Dana sent me this on December 30,,,,,he said "we need to do our Tecate Taco run.....it's too shiny". He had been talking about getting a street bike for months......

Lagrimas.......Can't get the photo to post...I will try later.

Guest Crusty

RIP. Dana.

It was reported in ensenada news today

Spanish link

int-131200.jpg

Translated.....

By Patricia Lafarga

Ensenada , B. C. - A U.S. citizen died yesterday after a spectacular collision with a pick up type vehicle in the vicinity of Laguna Hanson , 26 kilometers from the town of Ojos Negros.

It was around 12:30 pm yesterday when it reported through the Control Center, Command , Communication and Computing (C -4) on the accident in which the rider Dana Neyslr Wayne, originating in the United States of Asian descent, had lost their lives.

Unofficial sources who were in the accident report that the motorcycle crashed at high speed into the pick up , which caused the 38 year old man lost his life instantly.

Staff arrived to place the Mexican Red Cross to assist those affected, however upon arrival realized that Dana Wayne lay on the dirt road.

The area of ​​the fatal incident was sheltered for the arrival of experts from the Attorney General of the State ( PGJE ) and the Forensic Medical Service ( Semefo ) who raise the body and took him to their facility , where he would practice the autopsy .

mortal statistics

Latest official statistics on C-4 traffic deaths in facts relate that from 1 January to the last week of September 2013 , 56 people died .

A total of 40 were killed in a motor vehicle , and the other 16 were trampled motocilistas and pedestrians, the report relates .

Sad- I just got home an hour ago and got a call from Sondra. I don,t have much to say but he was a great guy . Last year we did two rides togeather and it was fun to camp out and socialize under some big oak tree and talk all nite on where to go Baja Riding.

Godspeed Dana !

018-L.jpg

046-L.jpg

DSCF4494-L.jpg

1390774504[/url]' post='166517'] When the dust settles, I would be interested in knowing the location of his crash so we could place some flowers or a sign of remembrance.

Please let me know when you go.

Sondra,

I will definitely be in touch with the family and will let them know of the wishes from this forum.

Crusty,

thank you for posting the article.

ALL;

My first ride back in the dirt after 25 years was with this man, me on my new DR and he on his new KTM990 that he was getting ready for his Cabo and back run. He liked to tease me about being the "old Man with the big bike". He backed that up by riding his KTM 990 like it was a 450 :)/> I will never forget our talks after riding all day, even after the beers were gone, staring at the stars in Mikes, San Quentin, Rosario, Punto San Francisquito and many other places. Chasing him down the long ass windy road from Santa Rosalalito to Sea of Cortez with a stop at the Ranch midway through, that turned out to be one of my favorite rides thus far in Baja. All the while feeling SAFE because if he could do it....then hell I sure could.

I believe that Dana is in a better place. And he is looking over all of us now as we continue our adventures. He would want that. Perhaps we take a moment to reflect on why we do what we do, the risks involved and reaffirm with ourselves that we are doing this because we, as Dana did, truly love the adventure, the exploration, the friendships and at all times respect the risk. I personally am humbled, to tears, simply for having the privilege to ride with such a person. Maybe some of his happiness, positiveness, graciousness and humbleness can shine through us all as a result.

I will see about finding the spot and help coordinate a memorial ride and place a marker there for a true adventurer, a true honorable man.

RIP Dana, hate to hear this stuff and never have words, other than just be careful as you can out there.

Today in Baja not one not two but three locals, in 3 seaparate occasions, told us about a fatal accident the day before in Laguna Hanson. If I only knew. Cant beleive it was Dana. Man. Jon and I rode right on that trail just a few hours ago. And like one of those things I mentionned Dana several times today just chatting about past rides and stuff. The man loved Baja.

I did talk to a close family friend and brought up wanting to do a memorial ride. She was certain Dana's brother would want to come so I told her we would plan it when it was good for him and the family. Dana always talked to me about wanting to get his brother out there with us...about his bike that he bought and didn't ride enough.