KTMrad

THE 2014 Desert Dash VOLUNTEER THREAD

11th Annual DESERT DASH February 22 - 23, 2014

If you want to volunteer to help out for the Desert Dash, this is the thread for you to post. Those of you who already sent me PM's to volunteer, please post here also...

We generally have 15-20 volunteers maximum, first come first serve basis.

Your campsites (Friday and Saturday nights only) and weekend are basically paid for, excluding your gas. Maximum 10 campsites, so people need to double up spaces if possible.

We like to have enough volunteers, so nobody has to perform their duties both days.

Again, we'll have a volunteer BBQ Friday night.

Volunteer positions available:

Registration Friday night, Saturday morning, Sunday morning

Sweep Riders about 6-8 per day, 2 groups of 3 or 4 riders..might break up Saturday into sections, 3 riders each for 3 different sections.

GPS Downloads

Lunch Stop Sunday at Christmas Circle with Brown Bag Company Sponsor Sandwiches (our own Schwinnie)

EMT Driver and vehicle for Saturday and Sunday

Raffle Giveaway after dinner on Saturday night

Other things we will need access to if anyone has suggestions or leads...

Tables and Chairs for Saturday night dinner/raffle at the Clubhouse

Tarps and a couple of tables for Volunteer Friday Night dinner

Did I forget anything ?

Thanks in advance.

Dstss, Fenix and Danrider would all like to volunteer for Sunday sweep. We had a great time doing it last year and hope we get to do it again. We plan to stay over Sunday night like last year, so a late return is not a problem.

I have been volunteering with LESAR. Chris asked me to help him this year.

So... EMT driver.... at least Saturday.

I also would be interested in heading up a "Sweep Team" discussion group... the current system could be improved upon...

Dstss, Fenix and Danrider would all like to volunteer for Sunday sweep. We had a great time doing it last year and hope we get to do it again. We plan to stay over Sunday night like last year, so a late return is not a problem.

On Saturday I am sure us three can also sweep in the morning, since we will be doing the whole ride for you on Sunday.

I'll be helping tracy out with the volunteer dinner......and I'll do registration on saturday........can't wait...

I always enjoy volunteering, but my son got his motorcycle endorsement this year and if all works out I will be riding the Dash with him.

If there is anyone who hasn't volunteered for this event yet, jump on this chance to give back to the group.

I can make my whole Friday available, as well as sat & sun, and willing to help with anything if needed. Reg maybe, or help a sweep team, or both, or ...?

I'm in with all my usual stuff Randy. Trailer full of tables and chairs and the full blown taco bar Friday night.

Canopies, tarps, whatever. Just let me know!

I'm in for Friday reservations, packet stuffing, etc. Don't need any camping space.

In...Friday registration crowd control, sat after dinner cleanup, take down, put up. whatever needed

As usual I will be there as much as needed most likely Wednesday thru Monday. :rolleyes:

I will be able to help in different ways this year as I am not riding this year. I will be puttin around in my scout. It fits in my trailer.

Scooter_zpse01f60bf.jpg

I might leave the 47 flat fender home and ride with Schwinn. :coolio:

I might leave the 47 flat fender home and ride with Schwinn. :coolio:/>

wouldn't be the same without it

I might leave the 47 flat fender home and ride with Schwinn. :coolio:/>

My wife loved yours soooo much that she said we should get a little 4X4 and we got the scout.

BUMP....

Will need some more volunteer sweep riders for Saturday....we will break it up so the sweep doesn't have to ride the entire route.

Possibly break it into half or into thirds....

Start to Lunch....

Lunch to Gas in Seely....

Seely to FINISH.

Randy, i posted on this thread, not sure i you had me down on the volunteer list or not but turns out something came up and I will be out of the country on those date. Sorry about that.

BUMP....

Will need some more volunteer sweep riders for Saturday....we will break it up so the sweep doesn't have to ride the entire route.

Possibly break it into half or into thirds....

Start to Lunch....

Lunch to Gas in Seely....

Seely to FINISH.

The Texaco in Ocotillo is now a Chevron and has gas.