I had to go back in time just now to get some pics from the 2011 dash. I have been to every dash and while there are great times at ALL the Dashes I am afraid to say that we might not be so lucky to have everything come together perfectly like the 2011 Desert Dash. The weather threw everything at us and it was great. I was dressed for anything it threw at me.

7am Saturday. Pouring rain. Dressed warm and rain gear on plus Go - Pro on and of course the TuTu.

desertdashPinkTuTu.jpg

I will never forget all that snow on Pinion Trail Sunday Morning...Unreal

P1000532.jpg

I had to go back in time just now to get some pics from the 2011 dash. I have been to every dash and while there are great times at ALL the Dashes I am afraid to say that we might not be so lucky to have everything come together perfectly like the 2011 Desert Dash. The weather threw everything at us and it was great. I was dressed for anything it threw at me.

7am Saturday. Pouring rain. Dressed warm and rain gear on plus Go - Pro on and of course the TuTu.

desertdashPinkTuTu.jpg

I will never forget all that snow on Pinion Trail Sunday Morning...Unreal

P1000532.jpg

i really wanna try it this year but i dont know if i have the skill to take it on.

i really wanna try it this year but i dont know if i have the skill to take it on.

It's not a race, and lots of different skill level riders ride it. The deep sand is the most tiresome part. The good thing is, that you could take a bailout if you needed to. :coolio:

As stated above, there are plenty of opportunities to bail. I have rode the last three dashes. Day one is longer and has more sand than day two. Day two starts with Pinyon Mountain. Pinyon Mountain has three sections that may intimidate a first timer, but there is usually a pack of riders at those areas to coach you through, or drag you up/down. If you're in doubt; go ride Pinion Mountain with some friends before you sign up for Sunday.

My most memorable riding experience EVER was riding the washes east of Pole Line when there was at least 6" of water in them. The bow wake from my front tire would blow my feet off the pegs if I put too much steering input into the bars. Sign up, pray for rain, and don't worry, you'll make it through.

All these comments become moot if Randy switches things up in February.

Yea I know it's not a race.

I love a lot of the enduro races as its more about finishing than beating the times of other riders.

I'd like to get in a group that's slower paced.

I'd like to get in a group that's slower paced.

You must know somebody from the club that you like to ride with, that will be going to the Dash. :party:

As it gets closer, a thread will start...post up your experience and pace

As for finding out...there will be some group rides in the desert before the dash

For sand practice nearby, I suggest Lark...there are also some steep ups and downs to practice

Two pics 2 years later.

I guess thats better than none. <_</>

Did you want 8 pages of comentary and videos and 100s of pics...Here ya go

As it gets closer, a thread will start...post up your experience and pace

As for finding out...there will be some group rides in the desert before the dash

For sand practice nearby, I suggest Lark...there are also some steep ups and downs to practice

Lark???

Where is the sand?

Where is Lark?

Two pics 2 years later.

I guess thats better than none. <_</>/>

Did you want 8 pages of comentary and videos and 100s of pics...Here ya go

Thanks! That looked like the Best Ever...... :coolio:

Lark is McCain valley near Boulevard...the main wash has sand on each end, including whoops. While not as deep as some places like OW and Superstition, it's something

Lark has a little of everything...rocks, sand, hardpack, slow speed singletrack, fire roads

Lark is McCain valley near Boulevard...the main wash has sand on each end, including whoops. While not as deep as some places like OW and Superstition, it's something

Lark has a little of everything...rocks, sand, hardpack, slow speed singletrack, fire roads

McCain ah yes. Some good stuff.

You can always pre-run the dash in the fall. Then you know the terrain and your comfort level. There will be plenty of people heading out to the same area.

It's a great time... Love the Sammiches!

You can always pre-run the dash in the fall. Then you know the terrain and your comfort level. There will be plenty of people heading out to the same area.

It's a great time... Love the Sammiches!

thats an idea too.

.....while there are great times at ALL the Dashes I am afraid to say that we might not be so lucky to have everything come together perfectly like the 2011 Desert Dash. The weather threw everything at us and it was great.

AGREED! 2011 was the most fun Dash and way up on the list as one of the all time best desert rides because of conditions.

I think that year was the first and last Dash for poor Tim at AAKTM....next time you are in there make sure you raz him about all the pictures of his "loaned" bike on the ground. :lol: