Sign in to follow this  
kkug

SDAR --Slide Show help for 9/17 Club Meeting

I am lining up a special guest for a future SDAR meeting. He will do a slide show if we can hook him up with the correct equiptment.

I also have a special club project that I want to do some time that need,s a projector.

Quote ( For a slide show, I'll need a projector that can be hooked up to my 2009 MacBook Pro (USB or Firewire connection, I think). )

Does any one here have this equiptment that we could use ???

Ok computer savy people go for it ,

I think I can help. We have a portable projector at our church. It would depend on when you need it. Just gimme dates and times.

Phil

Im guessing I could rig up something as well. Our video guys usually owe me a favor or two

Hey all....since I am going on a trip before the club meeting on Sept 17th....I would like to get this all arranged ASAP.

So please see Kkugs first post.

We need a projector and a screen for the slideshow presentation at Moto Forza.

Would be nice if the guest speaker could meet ahead of time with whoever has a projector to make sure it works with his Mac computer.

Please let me know and let's see if we can make this happen before the meeting.

Thanks !

I have a HD 1080P projector I'm not using right now, but the inputs have to be either HDMI, the yellow RCA type, or the standard 15 pin monitor cable. I'm not familiar with Macs, but if someone thinks it will work I'll volunteer it. I don't have a screen and it get's pretty big if you have enough room. 300" I think..

I'll check with my brother-in-law and see what type of connections his projector has and how portable his "Movies-in-the-park" screen is. He's usually more than willing to lend me equipment, as long as it's working. I'll post when he gets back to me.

Ok guys keep checking on the equipment. We may need to do a dry run with someone that has a Mac book Pro.

If we get it dialed in that would be great because I have another ideal for a SDAR get together that would involve this equipment . :rolleyes:

While waiting for my brother in law to respond I checked with my step son and he said that if his memory serves him correctly that the 09 macbook pro has a miniport on it and that the user will need a miniport to VGA adapter for most non-mac projectors. The brother in law projector has VGA and RCA connections but not the miniport. He's still looking for his "Legs" for his screen as they usually just hang the screen on the backstop in the park for movies, so I'll keep on him about that.

Well, the brother in law did a double check on the projector connections since they're doing a movie in the park this weekend and it also has USB. The screen has legs but the feet got used for another project. I'll rig up feet or if there's an available wall it can lean. I'm going to stop by this weekend to see what I need, but otherwise it's available. It's an Acer projector if that's of any importance for USB drivers for the computers being hooked up. I'll post when I know more.

Brad is stepping up on the equipment and we will do a dry run this Wed with our guest speaker.

Thanks Brad

Hey....thanks Brad and The Kug for working on this while I am away on my Sierra trip !