Little Bike

Anybody up for a Sunday May 5 ride - Rouse Ridge and Toro Peak

Rode up Toro Peak Sunday afternoon - beautiful ride and want some more! Rouse Road takes off from the bottom of 74 (before you start up the hill to Idyllwild) comes out in Garner Valley area then it's a short ride east on the 74 to Santa Rosa Mountains Truck Trail to Toro Peak.

Toro Peak is noob friendly (not sure about a noob on a big bike). Rouse Ridge is marked as a regular unpaved road in my map book - the other dirt road marking is for high clearance/4 wd roads so I'm assuming (and you know where that gets you!) that it's about the same difficulty as Toro Peak.

Post up if you're interested. It will probably be a long day so we'll get an early start. Time and meet up spot in Hemet to be determined - people can either ride home through Anza or back down to Hemet.

1366689114[/url]' post='150202']

Rode up Toro Peak Sunday afternoon - beautiful ride and want some more! Rouse Road takes off from the bottom of 74 (before you start up the hill to Idyllwild) comes out in Garner Valley area then it's a short ride east on the 74 to Santa Rosa Mountains Truck Trail to Toro Peak.

Toro Peak is noob friendly (not sure about a noob on a big bike). Rouse Ridge is marked as a regular unpaved road in my map book - the other dirt road marking is for high clearance/4 wd roads so I'm assuming (and you know where that gets you!) that it's about the same difficulty as Toro Peak.

Post up if you're interested. It will probably be a long day so we'll get an early start. Time and meet up spot in Hemet to be determined - people can either ride home through Anza or back down to Hemet.

Rouse Ridge and Toro Peak are both very noob and big bike friendly.

Watch for 2 way traffic. I was there a few weeks ago and some jerkoffs were coming up Rouse side by side.

It's pretty rutted up in some spots. Those damn 4 wheel guys just can't stop themselves.

Watch for 2 way traffic. I was there a few weeks ago and some jerkoffs were coming up Rouse side by side.

It's pretty rutted up in some spots. Those damn 4 wheel guys just can't stop themselves.

Thanks for the heads up.

OK, Here is the official post for the Toro Peak Ride

Meet at:

Shell Station

44462 Highway 74

Hemet

When: Sunday, May 5th. 8:30

We hit the trail at 8:45

Let me know if you're coming with!

It looks like the mileage is about 91 miles from:

Shell Station - Rouse Ridge - Highway 74 to Santa Rosa Truck Trail - Toro Peak and back - to gas in Anza

91 miles - estimate!

I'm "in" if I can get the bike back together in time.

I have to get in a new clutch by Sunday.....

Is this ride still happening?

What's the trail that takes you down from Anza to Warner springs? Arnie?

Cooper Cienega, I believe ...

Lurking... what time will you guys be passing by Paradise Valley Cafe (Garner Valley) at the intersection of 74 and 371 on your way to the Toro Peak turn off?

Could be a couple hundred miles round trip from Tierrasanta.

http://dualsportmaps.com/?link=109717

It`s called Lost Valley Road at the entrance near the glider port on 79. It splits off somewhere before Indian Flats Campground, (at the end of the pavement, 7 miles in from 79). At the split to the left is Puerta La Cruz Road towards the campground and to the right it`s Lost Valley Road.

Ride is still on - I'm picking up my bike this afternoon, yay!

We'll be starting up Rouse Ridge by 8:45, which means probably more like 9:00. I haven't ridden this before, I'm not sure how long it'll take us to get to the Paradise Cafe. Planning on stopping there for an lunch/late breakfast depending on the time.

Lurking... what time will you guys be passing by Paradise Valley Cafe (Garner Valley) at the intersection of 74 and 371 on your way to the Toro Peak turn off?

Could be a couple hundred miles round trip from Tierrasanta.

http://dualsportmaps.com/?link=109717

Hey Dave, let me know if your gonna do it. I'm leaving from La Mesa. Lurking now. I got Big Bear, Rouse or Ocotillo Wells In my sights. Gonna hit one at least.

Not going to make this one. Thinking about a Saturday ride instead, but not sure where.

1367480713[/url]' post='150945']

It`s called Lost Valley Road at the entrance near the glider port on 79. It splits off somewhere before Indian Flats Campground, (at the end of the pavement, 7 miles in from 79). At the split to the left is Puerta La Cruz Road towards the campground and to the right it`s Lost Valley Road.

1367470852[/url]' post='150940']

What he said -also called Cooper Cienga north of Chiahuahua valley Rd

I had a really good time today, Rouse Ridge was a good noob challenge. We ended up with 2 groups, next ride we'll divide into a true noobs group and a quicker group ( meetup later for lunch maybe)

Rouse Ridge is pretty rutted in places from 4 wds driving through when the road is muddy, there is sand and some rocky sections. Just right noob challenge where you don't feel like you're just riding up a fire road.

Thinking about Santiago Peak next......anybody?

I had a really good time today, Rouse Ridge was a good noob challenge. We ended up with 2 groups, next ride we'll divide into a true noobs group and a quicker group ( meetup later for lunch maybe)

Rouse Ridge is pretty rutted in places from 4 wds driving through when the road is muddy, there is sand and some rocky sections. Just right noob challenge where you don't feel like you're just riding up a fire road.

Glad you had a great ride. I opted for the Santiago Peak ride. I'm loading/editing up video on the ride report so you can check it out and know what to expect when you do go.

Quite possibly..

Glad you had a great ride. I opted for the Santiago Peak ride. I'm loading/editing up video on the ride report so you can check it out and know what to expect when you do go.

Coolio!