TrophyHunter

Slab leak - the fun of home ownership

Just wanted to thank Hobiee for the plumbing job he did to re-route things due to a hot water slab leak at the house. Great work and outstanding price.

Thx Brian..!!!

I feel your pain...faucet burst behind a tile wall...home warranty covers the pipe repair but not resulting damage

Homeowner insurance has a $1000 deductible- while they replaced the walls and tile, I took the opportunity to replace the tub- $6000 in bathroom work will end up costing me about $1300 in labor and $500 in upgrades

Brian made it as painless as it could be. I have some wall repair to do but it's behind the fridge and washer so.......

I had a trampoline fall apart last year and it cost me $5200 in concrete work to expand the patio. I'm still not sure how that happened. :)

Lots of whinning when all your doing is increasing the value of your home. At least you will get that money back(maybe more) if you sell. Not like a mod your bikes.

I wasn't really whining...I don't think I increased the value of my home by $6000, and I'm still out $1300 for a bathroom that was totally usable before

admittedly- first world problems

a hot water leak in my home...

I have a home... with a tub/shower... and hot water... and a job so i can afford to fix it

I feel blessed every day

admittedly- first world problems

a hot water leak in my home...

I have a home... with a tub/shower... and hot water... and a job so i can afford to fix it

I feel blessed every day

AMEN BROTHER!

must be the season...Big thanks to brian from me also...

he was out to my house yesterday....I can "hear" water running, but it doesn't register on meter.......shut meter off.....sound stops...no water anyway, no hot floors....no detectable leaks?...

...only solution brian thinks is a "VERY SLIGHT" (HOPEFULLY) leak under the slab.....soooo, after detection work (brians buddy is suppose to call me).....I may be re-routing also.....oh well.....the joys of home ownership....like bob said....

very grateful to have a home......have hot water...not be flooded.......have a job......our problems are so minor for the most part here in so cal.....

must be the season...Big thanks to brian from me also...

he was out to my house yesterday....I can "hear" water running, but it doesn't register on meter.......shut meter off.....sound stops...no water anyway, no hot floors....no detectable leaks?...

...only solution brian thinks is a "VERY SLIGHT" (HOPEFULLY) leak under the slab.....soooo, after detection work (brians buddy is suppose to call me).....I may be re-routing also.....oh well.....the joys of home ownership....like bob said....

very grateful to have a home......have hot water...not be flooded.......have a job......our problems are so minor for the most part here in so cal.....

Deb, that's what our slab leak sounded like. Keep hearing water running like when the toilet leaks past the flapper thing, after a week or so the bathroom floor started to warm up.

Not really sure where you got the whining thing.....I was actually expressing my thanks and joking about the patio mod that stemmed from replacing a trampoline.

Same sentiments as BS.

Movin' on.

I went through the slab leak deal last year. I whined a little then just fixed it myself. Really wasnt that big of a deal. Let me know if you need help.

I went through the slab leak deal last year. I whined a little then just fixed it myself. Really wasnt that big of a deal. Let me know if you need help.

awesome thanks...we'll see what the "detectors" say and make a plan........guess I could use to put "plumbing" on my home owners' resume?.... :lol:/>