tntmo

Actual weight of your bikes

A friend(ok, a guy I know) and I were doing some bench racing recently and started talking about how much our bikes weighed. I know everyone sees the online stats that say your bike is 119 pounds dry, but who really believes that?

I decided to bust out the scale and see what my bikes truly weighed. I used the bathroom scale, weighed the front and then the back and added it up. Should be close to accurate? Here's the numbers, gassed up and with installed accesories like skid plates, rad guards, etc.

2008 TE450 F:139 R:150 Total:289

2006 YZ450F F:121 R:129 Total:250

1999 DR350 F:131 R:149 Total:280

Bob's loaner bike, thanks!

2004(?)WR450 F:134 R:147 Total:281

Interesting numbers, at least to me. I figured the two newer dual sports would be lighter than the DR. The YZ feels even lighter than the scale shows.

We have Escondido recycle close by and I pull up on the 18 wheeler scale and jump off and leave the bike. the scale has like 3 ft #s

My KTM 690 weighs 315 lbs with a full tank.

new ktm 200 - claimed dry weight 208lbs

my measurement: 231lbs with skid plate, pipe guard, cycra probends, scotts stabilizer, HD tubes, oiled and gassed up.

yes, you can tell its light when you ride it.

Wait I need to over thing this <_</>/>/>

When you weighed on the bathroom scale was it on the kick stand or holding it up :unsure:/>/>/> was it leaning or staight :angry:/>/>/>

That can't be right , you must be two pounds heavy :lol:/>/>/>

Wait I need to over thing this <_</>/>/>/>

When you weighed on the bathroom scale was it on the kick stand or holding it up :unsure:/>/>/>/> was it leaning or staight :angry:/>/>/>/>

That can't be right , you must be two pounds heavy :lol:/>/>/>/>

I was holding the bike as level as I could. It's probably not exact, but close enough. I weighed them all twice, got same weight both times.

The way I do it is to put my loading ramp on the scale zero out the scale then weigh the bike balancing it on the loading ramp, much more accurate.

The way I do it is to put my loading ramp on the scale zero out the scale then weigh the bike balancing it on the loading ramp, much more accurate.

Great idea. You should also put a block under the other wheel when doing the one wheel at a time trick to keep the bike level and the measurement should be pretty accurate that way.

My 2011 "X-lite" Husqvarna TE310 with all my bullet proof farkels and a full tank of gas ready to race weighs 266lbs on a very accurate NASCAR spec dual pad scale.

added weight is CH Racing Alloy HD skid plate, Flexxbars, those are the heaviest add ons, reductions are my ballistic battery and my Ti silencer those are biggest weight reductions.

For my 2013 TXC310R (yes I'm getting one) I am going to go into it with a very keen eye for weight savings for no fatigue riding.

example stick with flag hand guards, TM design works skid plate (same material as their chain sliders)Ballistic battery, and an entire exhaust or just a quiet but lighter slip on. The pipe (muffler) is a good weight loss item because its far from the center of mass. Even though I like them no Flexxbars on the new machine-heavy item.

I was actually surprised when I checked my DRZ-SM. Suzuki advertises 321 pounds as the curb weight and that is pretty much spot on for ready to ride with half a tank of gas. Weighed using the same method as tntmo and got 155 front/165 rear. I would have thought that it was closer to 330-340 when I have to wake it from naps. Not light by any means, but always ready to go.

I was actually surprised when I checked my DRZ-SM. Suzuki advertises 321 pounds as the curb weight and that is pretty much spot on for ready to ride with half a tank of gas. Weighed using the same method as tntmo and got 155 front/165 rear. I would have thought that it was closer to 330-340 when I have to wake it from naps. Not light by any means, but always ready to go.

level the opposite tire with the scale and the weight will go up.

2006 Wr450F

DRZ is listed at 291 dry, so the WR @281 wet sounds about right... like others; it FEELS lighter than the DRZ more than that. Narrow and a little bit lower helps

DR350 I had was a lot lighter than the DRZ, and the weight it had was lower (so easier to pick up)

Air Cooled vs liquid cooled saves a bit of weight. The DR had an aluminum swingarm

as for leveling out the bike with a block I agree... right now, more weight is on the "ground" tire vs the "scale" tire, but probably not enough to worry about

My DR350 probably has 20 pounds of add-on stuff. It started as a plated dirt model, but Mrs tntmo wanted to have turn signals, speedometer, neutral light, etc so I moved a street models entire electrical system over to it including a small battery.

That, along with the handguards, skid plate, frame guards, tail rack, Acerbis 4.25 gallon tank.....it adds up quicker than we'd like to believe but the numbers don't lie.

Guest Crusty

CRF 230F 244 full of gas.

Feels like 200 pounds because it has a 34" seat height.

Six speed, Tractor low end power!

Feels like I am on a BMX bike.coolio.gif

Just weighed mine. 302 Lbs and proud!

(Ktm 450 EXC)

Vic, it doesn't count unless the motor is in it!

Just weighed mine. 302 Lbs and proud!

(Ktm 450 EXC)

Vic, it doesn't count unless the motor is in it!

But I was still sitting on it... Gotta count for something right!???!

My DR350 probably has 20 pounds of add-on stuff. It started as a plated dirt model, but Mrs tntmo wanted to have turn signals, speedometer, neutral light, etc so I moved a street models entire electrical system over to it including a small battery.

That, along with the handguards, skid plate, frame guards, tail rack, Acerbis 4.25 gallon tank.....it adds up quicker than we'd like to believe but the numbers don't lie.

Really liking the numbers for the DR. Bike has a lot going for it. Thanks

157+159=316 for the atk 605 (e start model) w/ about 2 gallons of gas in it

97 XR400r- 286 lbs ready to ride w/ 3 gallons of gas, 6 gal tank, supermoto wheels, big front break, big seat, hand guards, skid plate

Husky TE310 (2011). Fully fueled with 2.2gals, ride/race ready, 266lb on a NASCAR spec scale. extras weight- metal skid plate, metal rad guards, flexxbars. extras less weight-ballistic battery, Ti muffler, no turn signals, no horn.

gas weighs @ 6 lb per gal so a little over 12 lb is fuel.

Husky TE310 (2011). Fully fueled with 2.2gals, ride/race ready, 266lb on a NASCAR spec scale. extras weight- metal skid plate, metal rad guards, flexxbars. extras less weight-ballistic battery, Ti muffler, no turn signals, no horn.

My KTM full is only 225lb / 205lb using your math for gas 3.8 gal take off 25lb or so.

My KTM full is only 225lb / 205lb using your math for gas 3.8 gal take off 25lb or so.

^^ i got to get one of those 225lb 950s!!! Stupid me, I've been riding around a little girl bike that weighs more and makes 1/4 of the power!!!

That would explain the tire spin :heh: That is 225 rear and 205 front including 3.8 gal gas.

So 50 mph feels like 200lb and 10 mph in sand 500lb.

That would explain the tire spin :heh:/> That is 225 rear and 205 front including 3.8 gal gas.

So 50 mph feels like 200lb and 10 mph in sand 500lb.

ya i realized what you meant after i posted :lol: you can't prefix 430lbs bike with "only weighs". :excl:

225 sounds better, you should stick with that and don't let anyone question it...