KTMrad

Next SDAR Club Meeting Tuesday February 5th

Time to have our next club meeting, and afterwards the Desert Dash Volunteers will stay and talk about duties & responsibilities for the Dash.

6-7pm: Dinner/social hour

7-8ish: Brief SDAR discussions, Land Use, Corral Canyon Trails, etc.

8-9pm: Desert Dash Volunteers Planning

EDIT: If you've volunteered for the Desert Dash, please all volunteers sit at the large center table so we can keep the tab on one check since I'm buying for volunteers only (beer not included, sorry).

Callahan's Pub & Brewery

8111 Mira Mesa Boulevard San Diego, CA 92126

858-578-7892

NEWLY ADDED - Guest Speaker Gary LaPlante will be joining us.....

Gary came to one of our meetings about a year and a half or two years ago....figured it's a good time to have him back to visit with us......he'll be at our meeting on February 5th.

Motoventures.com

Gary LaPlante, MotoVentures Owner

Gary has over 41 years experience successfully riding and racing a wide variety of motorcycles and can teach and demonstrate most motorcycle riding techniques. Gary achieved several Arizona state trials championships before becoming nationally ranked 12th in 1976 while riding for Kawasaki. After that Kawasaki hired Gary to work in R& D as a test rider and mechanic and over the next 25 years Gary has held key positions in the motorcycle industry including PR Coordinator for Kawasaki, Engineer for American Honda's Product Development Dept., and as the Aftermarket Program Director for the Motorcycle Industry Council. Gary stays fit and currently maintains his trials and desert racing skills at a vet-expert level. Gary founded MotoVentures in 1998 and will probably run it for 20 more years because he's having so much fun.

Gary's new book.......

HOW TO RIDE OFF-ROAD MOTORCYCLES

Our new book; How to Ride Off-Road Motorcycles, came on-sale this August. It retails for $28, is published and distributed by Motorbooks International, and available through MotoVentures and at all major booksellers. So far the reception for it has been very good with over 1,000 copies already sold and now there’s also an e-version available too. Distribution seems to be working with recent training customer Pablo from Perth, Australia saying that he discovered us when walking by a book store in downtown Perth that had our book in their window display. How cool is that! Be sure to get your copy today.

Look for reviews of our book by all the major motorcycle enthusiast magazines or web sites in their December and January issues. Cycle World has already “reprinted” (posted) our entire Chapter 19 Street to Dirt, recently on their web site. Last time I checked it had over 3,247 views! In addition they will put us in their New Ideas section of the January 2013 issue of the magazine. That’s a great endorsement coming from the largest motorcycle magazine in the world!

Would like to be there, it would be my first meeting, however I will be in Baltimore, MD that week :( I'll get an update from Crawdaddy when I return the following week.

Carguy who's us, me and you or that chick you hang out with?

I'll be there, nonetheless.

Yes Francine and I.

Gary came to one of our meetings about a year and a half or two years ago....figured it's a good time to have him back to visit with us......he'll be at our meeting on February 5th.

Motoventures.com

Gary LaPlante, MotoVentures Owner

Gary has over 41 years experience successfully riding and racing a wide variety of motorcycles and can teach and demonstrate most motorcycle riding techniques. Gary achieved several Arizona state trials championships before becoming nationally ranked 12th in 1976 while riding for Kawasaki. After that Kawasaki hired Gary to work in R& D as a test rider and mechanic and over the next 25 years Gary has held key positions in the motorcycle industry including PR Coordinator for Kawasaki, Engineer for American Honda's Product Development Dept., and as the Aftermarket Program Director for the Motorcycle Industry Council. Gary stays fit and currently maintains his trials and desert racing skills at a vet-expert level. Gary founded MotoVentures in 1998 and will probably run it for 20 more years because he's having so much fun.

Gary's new book.......

HOW TO RIDE OFF-ROAD MOTORCYCLES

Our new book; How to Ride Off-Road Motorcycles, came on-sale this August. It retails for $28, is published and distributed by Motorbooks International, and available through MotoVentures and at all major booksellers. So far the reception for it has been very good with over 1,000 copies already sold and now there’s also an e-version available too. Distribution seems to be working with recent training customer Pablo from Perth, Australia saying that he discovered us when walking by a book store in downtown Perth that had our book in their window display. How cool is that! Be sure to get your copy today.

Look for reviews of our book by all the major motorcycle enthusiast magazines or web sites in their December and January issues. Cycle World has already “reprinted” (posted) our entire Chapter 19 Street to Dirt, recently on their web site. Last time I checked it had over 3,247 views! In addition they will put us in their New Ideas section of the January 2013 issue of the magazine. That’s a great endorsement coming from the largest motorcycle magazine in the world!

I had something come up. So I will be there for the volunteer meeting portion.