Brad, Briana, Gary and I rode the hard stuff at Corral today. The riding was the usual great stuff up there. Still moisture in the dirt on the single track trails. The rest starting to get a little dusty.

My buddy Gary's first ride in a year and we beat him up little but loved it. He hadn't ridden Ranger or the new 4X trails 911 and he liked them. He bailed after that feeling it from too long out of the saddle and recovering from injury.

Lots of new trail work done up there. Trail 1 from 4 Corners out to the second slab, at Ranger crossing, has been trimmed for ATV's. Also Bill's Single Track from 4 Corners to Bobcat has been trimmed for ATV width! :ph34r: Yeah, its designated ATV and MC but I don't see the ATV's riding it too soon. I didn't get any pics but the brush cut is on both sides of the single track path leaving a bunch of round sticks sticking up in the 2 track paths. Can't imagine it being too good on ATV tires.

Lots of new signs marking all the trails with names, numbers, ratings and vehicle types. New restrictors and limiters at entrances to ATV trails. Ranger Tull stopped by before we rode and talked to us for a while. Mainly he was praising us for the work we have ben doing. The 4X groups are busy out there too and it all is making him proud of us and our riding area. Good stuff! I thanked him numerous times for all that he and the FS is doing. I think we have a good thing going here!

And now the really GOOD STUFF. Our Adopt-a-Trail sign is up at the west end of Ranger.

100_3781_zpsc20a3e3f.jpg

100_3782_zps98c31241.jpg

This is the entrance to the bill's single track from trail 8 crossing going towards Bobcat. New telephone pole sections limiting entrance to ATV'S and MCs.

100_3784_zpsa56ef27c.jpg

Nice......thanks to you guys and gal who do so much work out there....way to go..:party:/>

Thanks for posting ! and many thanks to everyone who has helped with the trail maintenance and relations with Richard Tull and the Cleveland Nat'l Forest.

We should schedule another trail maintenance day, but I can't do it until after the Desert Dash...so maybe sometime in March, not to conflict with CORE's Charity ride on the weekend of March 23rd.

Now I need to try Ranger on my 950 !

Weather is ideal now for trail maintenance, I'm up for either of next couple of weekends if someone wants to pull it together.

We will be out there next week with alan most likely.

Dave sorry for the short notice. I'm meeting Alan at bobcat camp at 9 tomorrow Saturday the 2nd. I'll bring some trimmers.

Good to meet up with Brad, Briana, Alan and Jerry, nice ride and cleared up some on ranger trail which really wasn't that badly overgrown although a few rocky sections show some less experienced riders had tried to ride it and had problems digging holes. Brad also noticed that while it has now been made official and rated black diamond it doesn't say it's restricted to bikes so not good if someone on a quad or jeep tries it.

dang that trail is more sporty than ever. I love the Ranger trail its the best that Corral has to offer along with that ugly/fun/sporty thing that leads down to the lower campsite. I did some trail clearing with my arms....it has some arm scraper sections for sure.

Ranger is a good one; not for everybody though...which one to the lower campground? 3A which ends in a boulder field, or 7 the merges with 6 at the bottom?

Ranger is a good one; not for everybody though...which one to the lower campground? 3A which ends in a boulder field, or 7 the merges with 6 at the bottom?

Bob, I would say its 3A ( I've been riding there on and off since the early nineties and still have no clue of trail names) the gnarley one with the steep step ups on the way up and steep step downs into the boulders at the end near the lower campground. I got hung up in an awkward way on the way up on one of the step ups, one of those laughable, kind of trapped type hang ups.

but we (2 of us) got through the entire down hill section well, That last final drop in chute down is completely under cut and dug out now, worse than I ever remember it, looks like lots of rock crawler trucks have burned deep holes on the low side of boulders, along with rain erosion thrown in.

I'll have a go at going up from the bottom, we've done it before without too much fuss but its been a while and its more gnarley and hacked than the last time we did it.

I checked yes it is 3A because we did the first section of Ranger hit the road crossing made a right went up the hill and continued up onto the right starting up to bronco but then realized we missed the turn (actually the trail leader realized) and we turned around and made the right onto 3A and went up some sections for a bit then it was mostly downhill from there ending at the "lower campsite".

Yeah- that's 3A. I used to enjoy the challenge of that trail, but I'm more mature now and just avoid that ----. I'm out to flow and have fun, not endure and overcome. Ranger is still on the fun/flow side with the right group

We need to get out there and put some volunteer hours in this year.

I volunteered a brake lever on this trail a month ago does that count. I'm in for some trail maintenance when we get a date set I'm in.

When it cools down a bit, and I'm in...trail 1 could use some trimming too, and of course Kernan