Gr8Whites

Lets Ride (soon)

Hey Guys and Girls,

I'm new to dual sporting but not riding. I've been riding for 40 years. Mostly trail riding and a little of everything else. No street riding.

My awesome girlfriend just got me a 450 dual sport for Christmas. So it's on now! It was a total surprise. I still haven't taken delivery of the bike yet. I haven't even seen it yet. I called the dealer when I found out and am having them do some uncorking. The parts are in and I should be picking it up soon.

Since the good news I have been scouring the net for equipment, gear, riding groups… I stumbled upon this site and just recently went active.

I live in Temecula so I hope I can find some groups to hit the trail with. I don't really know any of the trails around here or San Diego. I did do two rides out by Cauhilla(sp). I was on a red sticker bike and was always looking over my shoulder. All of the trail riding I have done has been in the high desert. Mostly around Hesperia, Arrowhead, Oak Hills, Silvewood Lake area. My family has a ranch near Silverwood lake and it's a great place to camp and/or base out of for rides in all directions.

Anyway, this site looks like a great place for some advice to a new dual sport rider.

I'll be talking to ya

Cary

Welcome aboard...! Nice surprise to get and already started with the mods.....:)/>

Quite a few folks up north, so there should be some folks to ride with. Don't hesitate to post up a ride you might want to do.......somebody will join you.

Welcome! Dual sport bikes are a great way to see the sights, and SDAR are great folks to ride with.

I don't know the north areas at all, but always up for poking around corral, lark, jacumba, OW, for half day rides

Gr8: Cool ! What bike did you get ? How'd she know what to get you ?

What equipment do you need ? Sizes ? I've got a small lightly used collection... :)

What equipment do you need ? Sizes ? I've got a small lightly used collection... smile.gif

X-Racer,

Street legal 450 Honda, Iv'e only been talking about the bike for 3 years. Since I got back from a 7 day Baja ride on an underpowered 250. That deep sand with all the extra weight killed it.

I'm looking for some affordable very comfortable boots. Size 10 or 11. My Astar tech 10s kill my ankles after two hours. Looking for a good all season jacket too.

Is there any advantage to getting a dual sport helmet or will an mx helmet work good enough?

Thanks,

Guest Crusty

What equipment do you need ? Sizes ? I've got a small lightly used collection... smile.gif

X-Racer,

Street legal 450 Honda, Iv'e only been talking about the bike for 3 years. Since I got back from a 7 day Baja ride on an underpowered 250. That deep sand with all the extra weight killed it.

I'm looking for some affordable very comfortable boots. Size 10 or 11. My Astar tech 10s kill my ankles after two hours. Looking for a good all season jacket too.

Is there any advantage to getting a dual sport helmet or will an mx helmet work good enough?

Thank's

Congrats Welcome to the site, great bike,

I have been saving mine for some faster rides in Baja so it mostly gets ridden at Pala Raceway.

I have a dual sport helmet but only use it on colder rides with lots of pavement, almost never.

Craig

Dude, sweet sled. You are going to love it!

As far as the dual sport helmet, they are pretty slick but not the end all be all. They are more advantages on fast, cold rides. On slow technical rides, they tend to fog up quite a bit and can become a PIA. They sure are quite though!

Have fun...