Hey folks,

A little heads up on some up coming work to reroute a couple of sections on the new Ranger single track trail (trail # 912). I noticed the last couple of rides on the trail that someone put in some new blue ribbons around a few of the more challenging sections. These are mostly ones that we have already rerouted at least once but are going to be done again. If you are familiar with the trail you will probably know where they are. They are at the steep tight sections that are starting to get grooved out due to steepness, loose soil, rocks and/or tight turns. This should not be a problem as the Forest Service is planning to do the work. It will probably take away some of the challenge at these sections but having a more sustainable trail will be worth the trade off.

I emailed Richard Tull and he explained it all to me. Basically they are looking out for us buy proactively solving this issue before it becomes a problem. If not dealt with the trail could be closed so lets go with it and support them for the work they are doing for us.

Yeah- we saw some ribbons in different places last ride

In some cases, the re-route was worse than the original section...

I'm not sure what you're asking for...to not ride the trail? Go out and support them? Go easier on those sections?

Sounds like they are making changes to help us out. When will this be happening? Are they in need of help or will they be doing it themselves?

I think alan is saying dont bitch about the reroutes be happy they are keeping it open and being proactive even though it may reduce the challenge.

And ride how it is cause its gonna change soon.

Yeah...some of the rocky/dirt ups were chewed up a bit. We rode it downhill last two times, and I actually prefer it uphill...but when the dirt is soft, it gets chunked up

Some of the re-routes are necessary for erosion anyway.

Wow, so many questions. I was just informing everyone as to what is going on with the trail from the standpoint of the Forest Service. You don't have to do anything different, just follow the normal rules and go ride it. We may get involved in helping with the reroutes but nothing planned as of now that I know about.

I also talked with Ranger Tull about these issues and that's what he told me. There will be reroutes done on Ranger trail to facilitate drainage and sustainability. The forest service has been rebuilding some of the hiking and biking trails up on Mt. Laguna and they're doing a fantastic job in every case the trails are better after they're done with their reroute. If they do the same kind of work on Ranger I'm looking forward to riding it when they get done.

We are so fortunate to have such a great ranger, more than happy to help out on reroutes if / when needed, thanks for the heads up Alan.